How do I calm myself?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by draqon, Jun 12, 2008.

1. draqon Banned Banned

Lately I have been extremely ecstatic, like I want to beat people up, I feel like everyone is my enemy and I am on a war and even small issues in politics cause great anger in me, which I of course keep to myself. But this is all, the tension keeps on building up inside me and it has nowhere to go...I am like a boiling closed container that will soon explode...I need something to calm myself.

My grandmother drinks valerian to keep her pressure down...maybe I should do that too...but what else can I drink to calm myself and lower my blood pressure? Because it is driving me insane, well sort of.

Any thoughts? You might have noticed by my recent posts by the way that I got extremely war-like, I cant seem to come to a peaciful resolution, I was not like that before. Before it was my goal to come to a logical solution which was peace, but now all my logical solutions come to my nationalism and nukes. ...:bawl: What is going on...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

try seeing a psycologist and learning diphromatic breathing. Deep mussle relaxation could help too.

Also acupuncher has been shown to lower stress levels (i think) and if your apsolutly desprate diasapram will calm you (though so will a botle of scotch for what its worth)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

no man...I got no money on psychologists or acupuncture...I need something simple like valerian, maybe a herb of some sort. And I am not violent, I am just extremely tense inside.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

well for starters you need to find a country with universal health care but thats beside the point.

Look up how do to diphromatic breathing on the net then if you cant see a shrink and deep mussle relaxation

Oh and i never said you were vilont i was sugesting treatments that are used for anxaity disorder

Camimiolo tea tends to relax people to (in the short term) as does lavander oil on the temples (not to much or you will get a head ache). Thats why they make lavander pillows actually because it can help people fall asleep more easerly.

Valium (if thats what you ment) is a last resort (its non-brand name BTW is diasapriam) because its a very powerful drug and should ONLY be used if other methods fail. As i said a bottle of scotch would be as effective as diasapram anyway. SSRI's can be used to treat long term anxiaty as well

8. draqon Banned Banned

Asguard...I am very tall and muscular build, for me I need something powerful, because only that will calm me.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what has that got to do with anything?

Diphromatic breathing is aimed at COGNATIVE relaxation. Ie it takes your mind off you anxiaty because you are focusing on your breathing. Deep mussle relaxation does the same but has the added benifit of using up execess energy in the mussles as well.

As for the others you asked for a herbal remidy and i have given you 2. Camilie tea doesnt contain any cafieen so wont cause sympathetic arousal to increase

Then there is also meditation but that doesnt work for as large a protion of the population as diaphramatic breathing and deep mussle relaxation do which is why psycologists dont recomend it. It is effective if you can do it.

Also exercise will relace dophamine which will calm you as does sex

10. draqon Banned Banned

Thats what I need...I need to exerice like there is no tomorrow, this way I will come home and collapse, and have no energy on the war thoughts. Thank you so much Asguard. I will start it tomorrow morning...I will make sure my body gets every last bit of sweat squeezed out from it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  11. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Opium. It does the body good.

12. draqon Banned Banned

opium is illegal, I cant take it.

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Physical exercise. If it doesn't tire you out, double it. Looks like you have too much energy and you can't find the right direction to put it into good use...

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Syzygys's idea is good, or have sex with something. Failing that try meditation or pot.

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Excercise is your best way to release the tension that you build up. Boxing as well as other martial arts will also be very benificial for doing that will also make your mind focus more as you learn a new technique or style. Good luck, at least you know you have a problem and are trying to do something about it. Also you recognize that you are the one having the problem not those around you who you get upset about.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Try drinking a gallon of vodka.

17. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

agreed.try drinking a litre of any hard spirit.
    and shut the fuck up while you're at it. kiss kiss

18. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Smoke weed...It works for me...I haven't killed anyone randomly, in like....a week.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That's because you're not drinking beer! Put a beer in your hand and watch out world!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Wexler Gadfly Registered Senior Member

Rationalize with yourself...and use Yoda's advice (as an example since I see him in avatars all over the place)...

Fear, Anger and Hate.

Understand what you are afraid of. Fear is simply a concern of repeated pain.

It starts with pain. Understand what is causing you pain...the specific moment or experience that made you feel this way. Visualize it and then try to find the "good" of the moment...as in; "I learned something from that experience..." I know it's tough, but the next one is tougher...

Practice forgiveness. So, back inside that painful moment, there is someone that you associate that pain with...forgive that person in your mind...after you find the "good" of the moment.

If you do those things first, and find the good out of the experience, and then forgive, in your mind, the person associated with the pain, you will start to move forward.

So, how to get to a clear head?

1.) understand what you are afraid of.
    2.) rationalize why you are afraid of that thing or those people.
    3.) find the good of the experiece...and make sure you do not repeat the experience again.
    4.) forgiveness.
    5.) self control not to let pain cause fear...because fear causes anger and anger causes hate and hate leads to violence.

Hope that helps.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Everyone IS your enemy.
    Of course that is a semi-serious statement, but fact remains that if you give people a choice between killing themselves or killing another, they will kill the other one.

22. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

or the choice between killing you and another,less annoying member of the human race...

23. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Lets all just kill each other!