I feel sorry...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by w1z4rd, Jun 8, 2008.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

When I sit here at home, and have a look at what I have.. I am very grateful. I think of all the things I take for granted.. and even though I live at the ass end of Africa, and we have our own issues. Today I am free to challenge anyone I want in my country and to enjoy the liberties our ancestors struggled for.

I think of the middle eastern countries, chasing their tails with their religious wars... I try imagine living in those countries with their dictators and lack of human rights... and it reminds me... No matter how bad Apartheid was... no matter how bad crime here is... even with the added Xenophobia.. its still better to live here than there.

I wonder at the lives people in China are missing out. What it must be like to live in fear of your government. What it must be like to live without basic freedoms.

The funny thing, is people in their countries are so heavily indoctrinated... they dont know any better.

I have just put down the book... Wild Swans, Three daughters of China... and it gave me insight into a brainwashed culture that plays the victim... and I am blown away by how far humans go with their insanity.

After reading that book, I did have a new appretiation for the US... even though they have done loads of bad things... they prevented a communist cascade effect that would have slowed humanities progress by hundreds of years.

Its a strange world I find myself in... but it was worse.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I'm sleepie, ur words ring true. Be well.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Ignorance is sometimes bliss.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.