Which is the best Game console?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Michael, Jun 3, 2008.

?

Which is the best game console?

1. Wii

31.3%
  2. PC

37.5%
  3. PS3

18.8%
  4. Xbox360

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Which do you like the most? Why?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh, I put PC in there because some people like those best.

As for me I only own a PS2 so I can't vote.... well I own a PC but I have never played a game on it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

PC because it's by far the most versatile.

As for game consoles, PS3.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I'm thinking of buying a PS3. I mean with GTA4, MGS4, RE5, FFXIII ... I must own it.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

And you will still be able to play your PS2 games

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Edit: Maybe you can vote PS3 for me, since PC isn't really a game console.

9. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

The wii is just good old fashion fun. Although PC has better games for strategy.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yes, but the good old fashioned fun doesn't last that long though.
    In the end you will be playing the regular games on it, only with clumsy controls.

11. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Had the wii since Christmas and still playing tennis loads. Have not got round to playing anything else yet. Oh apart from wii fit which isn't really a game.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I only have tried other consoles at department stores not at my house so I can only report that I really didn't care for any of them. I use my PC for gaming both on line and offline and am very happy with it. I have a CH Combat Stick, CH aviation and driving pedals and CH Control manager all which make gaming much more enjoyable. I don't think I would have enjoyed gaming that much without those accessories.

13. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I'm open to change, So I'll go for PC for it's versitility, and ability to interface with any of the above consoles.

Personally, I have a 360 primarily because I'm a halo fan. Halo made the Xbox. not the other way around.

14. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Is there any contest?

15. superstring01 Moderator

I'm a simple man. I love Wii Bowling.

~String

16. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

I'm an old school BF1942 guy, but when I really want to get creeped out I turn off the lights in my office, crank up the sound and play F.E.A.R.

That little girl scares the shit out of me every time.

I used to god hack so I could find out what happened to her.

these things are pretty badass

17. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I wish I had time to play more games! I'm STILL trying to finish Okami - from about 5 months ago.

I voted PS3 because that's the one I will probably get, but, I want a Wii too. As for 360, I had an Xbox1 and it was OK for Halo, KOTOR1/2, Ninja Gaiden, the Doom remake was ok... anything else? Not that much on it. And support dropped like a lead balloon. Not that it mattered the machine stopped working. One thing I hated about the Xbox (and worry about 360) is the lazer was absolute crap. I'd say 80% of the time it could not read a movie DVD, but the PS3 would read it easily. The quality between lasers was stunning. I assume MS 360 is the same.

18. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

Ughh Ps3 is awful. Mine has been carrying dust for awhile now waiting for mgs4.
    I have had a wii too which i got quickly bored of fast because it just felt like a novelty once i beat zelda, mario and played the hell out of wii sports with my friends. I voted for 360 cos of the game's it has at the moment. It has a couple more exclusive titles and the graphics really are pretty much the same honestly if not better in some game titles.

Although i prefer pc gaming, but 360 is my favourite console without a doubt. The Ps3 isnt bad and is the better entertainment system but it lacks in alot of aspects especially multiplayer and no gamer points which are kindve good when u just bought a rubbish game and it makes you want to finish the game to get the points so it's value for money inaway. The wii is just pure novelty and i can see why it sells well cos it appeals to the mass majority and anyone can play it. 360 is the best console there without a doubt from owning each one.

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

How is online play with PS3? I think what makes the 360 really great is the huge aviable games playable online. I am not experienced with PS3 but I think i read somewhere that the online play was lucking....

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

well from what i read sony put out a much better free system than ms did a paid system.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

also i would like to note that the system(excluding pc) the ps3 has the highest percentage of its games rated in in the top games and the lowest percentage rated in the bottom 2 fifths

22. Jeff 152 Registered Senior Member

you forgot the original NES and SNES.

23. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Arn't NES and SNES games modded for the PC now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.