Another What if...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Challenger78, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

What If a fascist party came to power in any european country or even the EU and started mass prosecution of Muslims , Declaring war and invading several key middle eastern countries, And say 6 million Muslims were killed. What then ? Would we be allowed to use/ take some of USA's land (even though the US had nothing to do with it ?).

Or hey, say that a fascist party comes to power in the US. Can we take European land for the Muslims ?.

Ok, So none of the above are likely to happen(cept you don't know with the bloody yanks) . thats why it's a what if.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Only if muslims can prove that they are done persecuting the rest of the world. Then I would welcome them here (USA)> but if they are going to keep bombing everything in sight just because someone has an independent thought, then they can stay where they are.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Reiku Banned Banned

But this is what annoys me.

Bush declared war against terror... what about the terror in his country? Or in mine?

It's as if he has labeled ''terror'' as a fundamental attribute to these eastern countries, and forgets that terror exists in every country.

My question is, how do you erradicate terror, when it exists in the hearts of the children of our next generation... its an impossible war to win.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Of course...

We'll give them Belgium.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Why are you arbitrarily choosing random plots of land? Palestine was up for grabs as the Brits were pulling out. Not only that, but the jews had already achieved a sizeable presence in the region.

9. tim840 Registered Senior Member

I don't get the question. If Europe declared war on Islam, why would they be taking land from America?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Tyler Registered Senior Member

If Europe began massacring their muslim population it would be completely understandable for the Muslims to not want to return to Europe (as it was completely understandable for the Jews to not want to return to Germany or France).

However, your question is kind of bizarre. Why on earth would the Muslims want to create a small country inside America???? There are so many nations currently run as Muslim countries and featuring large Muslim populations. It just seems so much more likely that the Muslims would choose to move to Muslim countries instead of risk further persecution.

In fact the whole proposition is ridiculous. If Europe declared war on their Muslim population, the Muslim nations would declare war on responsible European nations (or all of Europe). They would view it as their religious duty.

I'm trying to think of a more comparable situation. Maybe if the gypsies were slaughtered en masse in some nation (i.e. Germany again) and a homeland was created in Romania. However the gypsies don't really seem to want this. And the Romanians seem like the most likely people to hate the gypsies that much anyway.

11. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

It is bizarre. But Assuming, all muslim/ Islamic lands were taken over/hostile.

Perhaps if we narrowed it down to a certain muslim group. And I chose america because (although unlikely) It wouldn't have anything to do with the conflict.

12. DJ Erock Resident Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Perhaps they could receive parts of Central America. By that time the population of those countries will be small due to emigration to the USA. We could even give them the lowly populated desert areas, that way its like their homelands.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yes.

No.

You never know..

14. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Chose another ethnic/religious group. Your hypothetical is getting far too fucked up to even imagine. (A) Such a thing could never happen (B) The Muslims would never stop fighting (C) It would cause a third world war.

Because of all these things, I can't even imagine your hypothetical situation. If all the Muslim nations were taken over and a genocide began I would not under any circumstances allow for a Muslim nation to form in my backyard. Not because I don't want to help those escaping genocide, and not because I have anything against Muslims (if attack were on, say, asians, I would feel the same way). It's simply that the newly founded Muslim nation would (with much justification) launch all-out war against the white-man's world. And given that we'd be witnessing WWIII, I don't think it's unreasonable to try to keep this out of my neighborhood.

Sorry, but you're proposal is just far too far away from reality to possibly imagine. If your retort is "imagine it anyway" then you're asking for an entirely impossible situation to be judged and I hope you have no intention of using it in arguments on matters that do pertain to reality. But given the nature of your question, I think it's a safe assumption you're using this question as a way to judge opinions on another matter.

15. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I was just curious, is all.

Not necessarily an impossible situation. One could make the argument that Muslims are being prosecuted across the world, and that it's only a step away from all out genocide.
    I'd be interested to see the chain, thats all.

this was a hypothetical situation to test hypothetical responses.

16. Tyler Registered Senior Member

There are fewer mosques decimated than synagogues on average in Europe and Canada (don't know about America).

I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to believe the current situation is one step away from a genocide. The current situation for moslems in Europe is not even close to what Germany was for Jews in 1934. And Germany in 1934 was still many steps away from genocide.

17. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

True. But given the instantaneous nature of events today, If it happens, it would spread fast. Although the likeliness is low.

18. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Beyond low. I think it's far more likely we'll see a Moslem head of government in Europe.

But more likely than either is that Moslem populations will rise and violence among poor segments of local white and moslem communities in France, England and a few other countries will go up. This could inspire greater restrictions on immigration. But Moslems have more babies, and could become a very important voting base in French/English politics.

Still, I don't see the French populace putting up with the idea of their country being run by 'foreigners'. France is, in some ways, always only a step away from a minor form of fascism. Though I can't possibly imagine a situation where they commit genocide.

19. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

This thread has become quite interesting. Here is my opinion.

The main conflicts between Muslims and European/Western nations today are:

Occupation of Muslim territories by outside powers and their repression of self-governance.

-Palestine by Israel
    -Afghanistan, Iraq by the US/NATO
    -Kashmir by India
    -Chechnya by Russia
    -Somalia by Ethiopia

It is important to mention that the vast majority of Muslims of the world feel solidarity with these nations against occupiers and pray for they quite often. If you have ever visited a mosque, you will realize that there is a great sense of sympathy for these causes. Yet Western media and governments often demonize, deny legitimacy to their causes, or ignore these areas. Thus we see why this is the major conflict.

Of secondary importance are the support of oppressive dictatorships, repression of Islamic activism in Muslim countries, sanctions of necessities (food,water, medicine) against many Muslim nations by West, political isolation, exploitation by World Bank and Western nations via high interest loans, treatment of Muslim minorities in Western nations and many other nations (India, China, Russia for example), demonization of Islam in Western nations is also a matter of concern.

The conflict is already there, and it is only one major event which is needed to become a trigger to open a Pandora's box. Worldwide resentment and a feeling of oppression is already instilled in many populations around the world. People feel the present world order discriminates against them and their interests, though it is as much political as religious.

This is the Muslim view. In any sense, it is quite importance of what Western nations do in relations to Muslims as this will determine the response received. We still have a chance to diffuse the situation, but this seems rather unlikely.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why some of it? if you're planning to relocate a billion people and some change, you're gonna need the whole continent. They're all immigrants anyway and they can go back "home". They'll be happy to be rid of all the raghead influences from their forward thinking progressive societies. If they convert to Islam, they can stay, of course.

Nah, we need more space and a wider temperature range.

Nothing is impossible

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Wanna bet ?

22. superstring01 Moderator

All this wishful thinking makes me think Xmas is 'round the corner.

Ooh, ooh, when Satan Clause comes I want the UAE and all the land around the Red Sea. Throw in Turkey too, I want that cool looking cave city where all the Christians went to hide for one reason or another...

~String

23. superstring01 Moderator