Glory Glory Man Utd!!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mr.Spock, May 21, 2008.

1. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

thats why they lost...ha ha ha

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Chelsea, shine bright my star.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

man utd are the champions of Europe. again!

8. draqon Banned Banned

they won by penalties not by goals scored. 6 to 5...its obvious who the judge was favoring.

9. Reiku Banned Banned

God bless those, who treat the nature of football, like some childhood wet dream...

10. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Spock aren't you Israeli? Why on earth do you support united??? What's wrong with Maccabi Haifa, or Hapoel Tel Aviv?

11. Reiku Banned Banned

A middle-east conspiracy arising here...

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

And how does the referee affect the outcome of a penalty shoot out?
    You are just upset because the Russian team lost and the English team won.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

im a utd fan

14. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

I'm gutted because we we're easily the stronger team from the 2nd half. Man u did not deserve to win but that's football sometimes it's a harsh game.

15. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

and what about the 1st half? clearly utd players were tired in the 2nd half and chelsea played better. still it doesnt mean you deserve to win. beside there is no such thing in football as deserve. either you win or you loose. maybe next year

you are a good team.

16. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

Well players of such a high standard shouldnt be tired by the second half. I just think chelsea worked themselves back into the game in the 2nd half easily keeping the ball and looking the better team till the end of the second period of extra time. It just wasnt meant to be but i honestly thought we we're the better team tonight.

17. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

honestly i dont agree. in the first half the ball possession was 60 percent in united favor, and in extra time the two teams were pretty much matched with chances in both sides(lampard and gigs). united had a tough season in the premier league and it took its toll. it was very clear in the second half but you cant say the match was going to either team, they were even.

i do believe though that chelsea is a great team, and they werent in the final by chance, so they should work hard next year and win the final.

18. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Man Utd rode their luck. They have been the luckiest team in Europe this year, without a doubt.

Chelsea deserved to win. They hit the woodwork twice, and were one penalty away from winning and it was just so unfortunate that John Terry slipped. They pretty much had the win in their grasp but somehow let it slip.

Man Utd have had some luck, they have been lucky in that they did not have injuries throughout the year, so many times when they could have lost, decisions have gone their way. The title should really have been won by Arsenal and Barcelona deserved to be in the final more than Man Utd.

Man Utd never got a clean victory, they won because the opposition stumbled and thats all their is to say. Man Utd are not a great team to be perfectly honest. This team they have now is nowhere near as good as the one in 1999 and for people to say this is there is best team ever is just crazy. Beckham, Giggs, Keane, Scholes etc. at their peak were alot better than the current squad.

19. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Again? Man Utd are lightweights when it comes to Europe.

AC Milan have won the title 7 times. Real Madrid 9 times. Liverpool 5 times. Bayern Munich 4 times. Ajax 4 times.

Man Utd have only won it 3 times and on two of those occasions they have won it through nothing but luck. They have not dominated European football like Milan or Liverpool, so lets not get carried away. They have been beaten by some average sides in Europe many times and rarely play well against the big teams, notably Barcelona, Madrid and Milan.

20. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

21. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Strange!
    Looks like they are the ones holding up the cup.

Read it in the fuckin' papers idiot.

22. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

23. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

Anyone who watched the game cannot say honestly man united deserved the game before penalties. Man united got lucky and it payed off. I think drogba was the biggest letdown of the game for me. Just like when Beckham got sent off against argentina in the quarter finals of world cup 98. David Batty stepped up and missed the penalty. Drogba would have been taking Terry's penalty. Anyways Chelsea will be back stronger than ever.

Last edited: May 22, 2008