Do ignorant people have ignorant kids?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, May 20, 2008.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

I got a situation, i am tolerant of mostly anything, but my son is getting picked on because of somthing his older brother keeps saying, i have now come to the conclusion that these kids are ignorant because because they're mums and dads are, is there anything that can be done, about ignorance, we are living in a time when certain groups shoulsn't be affraid to live!

so what i am asking is, "is ignorance" passed down from mum and dad to the kids?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

There culd be a genetic problem of course but if the kids are given the help they need they could turn out to be very normal, given half a chance.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yeah but ignorant people always think they are right and wont get help for the kids

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That's whre public education helps out if the teachers recognize thre's a learning problem they can and will help the child with or without the parents knowledge. Of course the parents should be helped as well .

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

true, but teachers are not there to teach tolerance, because if they start it in the classroom what makes them think the mum or/and dad will follow suit?

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But the teachers do teach tolerance within their classrooms with everyone in there being part of the way to teach how to get along. A great teacher will be able to do this without lifting a finger but use techniques they learn in colleges and universities.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Ok I have read this a few times

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What do you mean? Your older son is saying something to another kid but your youngest is being picked on back? I don't understand
    how the parents of this other kid are ignorant if your older son is doing something....

(maybe I am just reading this wrong) :shrug:

11. Kadark Banned Banned

Obviously. You're living proof of this phenomena!

But yeah ... I've never heard of an "ignorance" gene.

12. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

a lot of people are predisposed to being assholes... some "great' parenting puts the icing on the cake

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

Has are you!

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

true

15. YinyangDK Registered Senior Member

your upbringing is hereditary.

16. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

So you're saying your kids are ignorant? Are you suggesting they're ignorant because you're ignorant? I don't mean that as an insult. But that's what it sounds like you're saying unless I'm missing something. To answer your question, I'd say yes. Ignorance is indeed passed from parent to progeny. The main reason is because intelligence is passed from parent to progeny. Dumb people are much less likely to read books and become educated. So yeah, ignorant people have ignorant kids. It's pretty easy to see.

17. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Lol All time classic thread.

18. John99 Banned Banned

I would say NO. From what i have seen offspring are entirely new beings and often times it is simply a matter of familiarity and constant interaction that manifests itself in likenesses that are mainly on the surface. The reason is because internally things are much more complicated than external appearance.

The only way a parent can recognize their own offspring is by physically looking at them otherwise they can be from any human from a standpoint of intelligence, mannerisms etc. Nothing beyond the phsical is genetically passed down - that is my own conclusion.