Crime solutions

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, May 19, 2008.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

To solve the issue with under age drinking if a shop has a license to sell Alcohol it must install a finger print scanner. On buy Alcohol you would have you finger scanned and a computer would keep a record of the barcode of the Alcohol. Then if the drink was picked up with an under age drinker they could tell who had purchased the item. This could be funded by the very rich drinks industry.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

brilliant.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Also, surely it would be a good idea to make known criminals keep a proof of all their purchases. So the police could search their homes and if they had broke the order to keep proof of purchase then they will be charged with handerling stolen goods.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

The problem I see with all this though, is that if people had a bottle of boose, they could just pour it out into a different container and destroy the bottle. Problem solved...

8. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

this is a terrible idea.
    what would a 15 year old do on a friday night if they didnt have cider....?

9. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Its not that stupid they would go and get some drugs instead.

10. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

true.there would need to be a constant supply though......is that where u fit in?!i see your plan now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

11. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

They should do the same with cigarettes. Those cigarette companies almost outmatch the drinking companies in wealth.

12. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

I love walking past the offy and being accosted by a group of 10-15 year olds asking me to buy their booze for them. I tell them OK but I want commission. If I buy you this you have to pay for 3 bottles of the most expensive red wine they have. It hasn't worked yet, they obviously don't understand the capitalist mentality that powers this fair nation. If I give them a flat "No" they spray a barrage of expletives and threats. Little darlings.

13. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Perfect. That is, except for one tiny little flaw...

This is relying on the fact that the teenagers are caught with the drink, which they very rarely are, and by which time they have already been apprehended.

...and another one...

It could be funded by them, by what's their incentive?

14. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Avoiding what has been done to tobacco companies :shrug:

15. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Also the drinks industry has a duty to ensure that their products are not used illegally.

16. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

You think the drinks industry don't know most of their cheap cider range goes to teenage kids in parks or alcoholics with a 3ltr a day habit? They don't give a rat's arse who drinks it as long as the dough keeps rolling in. They may have a moral obligation to make sure people "drink responsibly", but they're not going to go out of their way (besides sticking a transparent warning on their adverts) to prevent sales. That's the business they're in. Alcoholics are their dedicated customers, teenages are their prospective dedicated customers.

17. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Totally agree EmmZ it would take the government to enforce their responsibility's but the government doesn't often make moves that upset big business. But then again they have been hard on the smoking industry, so maybe

18. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

They can afford to be hard on the tobacco industry. Tobacco is more addictive than heroin. Being hard on the tobacco industry would be to criminalise sales of tobacco products, but then where would the billions of pounds in tax revenue come from then?

19. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

You could Tax blinking

20. Creeptology Registered Member

and the biggest problem is many places would still sell it illegal or circumvent the fingerprint system. It would open up black market channels and all kinds of scams. Such schemes would actually make black market /duty free booze etc more profitable.

Besides not many people would like the idea of a biometric record keeping system of your alcohol purchases. Many would have problems with putting their biometric details on a nationwide system implemented in small shops upwards, it would be crazy orwellian style idea.

21. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

I disagree Creep, I think the government will sell this biometric thing as a boon to society. "Look kids, no money!" They'll market it like Minority Report style coolness and rake in the little sheep like lambs to the chipping factory. Most people don't question what's going on with their civil liberties, most people don't care about their civil liberties as long as they get to watch cool stuff, like being scanned in a shop and all your shopping habits being adhered to. No, no, Creep, it's not going to be a case of "Oy, give me my cash based system and I'll give you my vote". Oh no, it's going to be "Mmm, nice techno gadgety stuff, gimme more".

22. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

wouldnt that involve the goverment finger printing you from birth......so wrong.....on many accounts

23. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

What do you see as wrong with that Lucifer?