shoes: the compulsory accessory?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by codanblad, May 18, 2008.

?

do people all have to wear shoes everywhere?

1. you have to wear them everywhere (shopping centres, movies etc.)

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. you don't have to wear them anywhere (dress codes at clubs/safety reasons excluded)

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

i'm not a fan of shoes. i don't like pampering my feet, it means they're useless when i need them (beach, backyard, taking out rubbish at 5am when truck arrives). the way i see it, why should i wear them ever? i understand my feet aren't pretty, but they're not hideous or diseased. and ugly people roam the streets freely.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I only wear shoes when I go to work or the store. I am barefoot in the house all year long. And in spring/summer, I am barefoot outside. My neighbors used to tease me about it, but now they would probably wonder why I was wearing shoes.
    I was barefoot a lot as a kid. My only enemy were sand burs.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

I had to have NHS special shoes. I walked with my feet turned in and my joints were too supple (or something). Great for Yoya, not so good when you're a tomboy climbing trees and playing footy. My knees are scarred to shreds. Oh yeah, the shoes. They were brown with the soles built up. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

You still have to wear them?

8. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

Heh, nah. I wonder if that's where my shoe fetish comes from. Being denied as a kid, being made to wear the most horrific footwear ever created, stored up and exploded into the monster it is today.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

When I was a child I always was taking off my shoes and playing without them on. There weren't many stickers or things that would hurt my feet in the yards around my neighborhood. I soon had some callouses and that even helped more when I was without any shoes. Eventually I had to wear them more and more, school, parties, going out to dinner or some other occasion.

10. Bradley364 DIG HARD! Registered Senior Member

I wore shoes all my life and were repulsed by feet....

But now I have a foot fetish :bugeye:

11. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I think it's gross when people don't wear shoes in public. Especially when people put their bare feet on the bus seat. I really don't want your toe jam and athelete's foot on what I am sitting on, thank you. Nasty.

12. Creeptology Registered Member

I only have 1 pair of boots and no other footwear and it suits me fine. These to be exact

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I bet your wife wasn't too happy at your wedding.

14. Creeptology Registered Member

I wore them at my wedding. Been wearing uk assault boot for years, each time they wrecked I buy an identical pair. I also wore all black with a hideous purple tie hahahaha. She knows I am a clown so it's her fault. My youngest bro signed the wedding card congratulations marrying that clown but you must be a clown too marrying him. Hehehehe I love him.

15. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i wear shoes every day, (converse,black, high tops) and i can also run on the beach, run on gravel paths, walkoutside, in bare feet!

16. Creeptology Registered Member

What about glass? I wouldn't walk round the beach or local parks for fear of needle stick. Really! One of the local parks has had a lot of trouble with addicts sticking hypodermics point up in the ground on purpose. I always feel weird walking when I see hypodermics on the floor, makes me glad I don't wear sandals.

17. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

well my local beach is cleaned up and regulated every day, has is our local play area, no dogs allowed, no needles, its clean, so i dont have a problem, glass....yeah i have cut my feet but i don't stop doing it, i like to feal the ground under my feet

18. Creeptology Registered Member

you'll get hobbit feet if you walk around barefoot long enough I reckon. Then your soles will be like leather and you can run on sharp stones and glass.

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

ewww there are no hairs on my feet ty!!

and my soles are moisterised every night, i look after my feet, i still need em.

20. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I am pretty much barefoot in the house all the time. I only wear shoes when I head out somewhere.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Nail polish ?

22. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yes always....You? lol

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

This is true...

but I still can't run on sharp stones and glass.