Copy nature

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by YinyangDK, May 16, 2008.

1. YinyangDK Registered Senior Member

We humans copy many things from nature.
    ex.
    -The skin from a shark have been copied on to airplains.

But why stop there.....

The ants have specially army units that are breed for war, thies war ants can´t even feed themself they have to be feed by other ants.

We humans should do the same, except we should use all the people like steven hawkings, who are all mental and no body.
    We could use them as "thinkers".
    When you only have your brain to devellop and no physsical skills you get REALLY good at using your brain.

This way people born as Steven could contribute to the world in a good way, instead of being a waste.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Wow!

So, handicapped people are a waste of life?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. YinyangDK Registered Senior Member

NO!
    But they get treated as waste.
    Why not use their potential?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Do they have a say in it ?

8. Myles Registered Senior Member

Judging by the content of your post, I would say ytou need have no worries about being used as a thinker.

What does "really good at using your brain" mean ? Has it occured to you that Hawkings had the same brain before he was diagnosed with MDE ? Was Einstein. among others, physically handicapped ?

Your argument is nonsense.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you could start by learning to spell.

10. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I see the general gist of what you're trying to say, although I can't say I think very highly of it. Seems kinda --I dunno-- not thought out. People like Hawkings are a rarity at best (even among the non-handicapped).
    We already parallel ants to an extent. People tend to specialize in a set of skills, and contribute this to "the colony" in the form of a career. There is already an established and successful hierarchy of leaders/thinkers/workers/etc.

I guess it's fun to think of alternate societal structures like the "Morlocks" or a "Bokonovskified society" for the sheer heck of it.

11. YinyangDK Registered Senior Member

ofcourse they have a say in it...... but if you ask everyone who has a birthdefect that makes them useless in everyday life, if they want to be taken care of 24/7 and do nothing else. Or if they want to help society by using their brainpower.
    I think that they would chose to help.
    Everybody likes to feel like they are doing something to better the world.
    Ok it might not be all handicaped who would become "Steven Hawking", but some might.

12. YinyangDK Registered Senior Member

Q:What does "really good at using your brain" mean ?
    A: Why is it that blind people have better hearing that others?
    because they learn to use their brain in other ways, they develop their perspectives diffently.
    People who can´t use their body tend to be better mentally then others because their only tool is their brain.
    So if we encurage them to use their tool to solve problems, some of them might become extremly good...... like Steven Hawking.

13. YinyangDK Registered Senior Member

Sorry....... I might not be the best speller, but you are able to read what I write and there by it must not be all bad.

14. YinyangDK Registered Senior Member

Yes.... it is fun, much like seeing the world from a politic view point.

But why is it that only those with a functional body gets to contribute?

15. prunebear Banned Banned

wE should mutaGenify our Genes so we all turn In2 DINosors!

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

First of all, where do you get the notion that disabled people are useless in life ?
    Secondly, they already were intelligent before they were disabled.

If people are intelligent they are an asset to society whether or not they are disabled.

Obviously you personally feel disabled people are being useless. You wouldn't have made this thread if you didn't.

17. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Your idea seems like it's based on a rather "happy and innocent" reality where paralysis victims have fantastic powers that aren't putting to good use. I guess there's no penchant for hospice within the colony. All will use their "potential".

18. YinyangDK Registered Senior Member

Are you disabled?
    Have you ever spent time with one who is?
    Have you ever visited a home for the disabled?
    How many disabled people do you see/hear about that are an asset to society?

I do not feel sorry for them, but I think that we might be able to give them more purpose in their life and learn something in return.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Do you think they are useless or not ?

20. YinyangDK Registered Senior Member

I know that it is far from all disabled people the are "special", but we still could make better use of them. And give them at higher sense of worth.

21. YinyangDK Registered Senior Member

In what sense?
    In the physical area..... yes they are useless. If nobody helped them they would die! How long would Steven Hawkings survive without any help from others?

In the mental area...... No they could be a great asset if we as a society let them be trained as "thinkers".

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

This way people born as Steven could contribute to the world in a good way, instead of being a waste.

So anyone disabled that isn't as smart as Steven (or even plain dumb) is a waste ?

23. YinyangDK Registered Senior Member

Yes........ Disabled people who are Idiots and/or Imbeciles are waste of space.

Do you have any suggestions as to what other that organ banks, that they could be used fore?