Brit UFO fever is flying sky high

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, May 14, 2008.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

ON the day that the British 'X Files' were sensationally revealed, The Sun has uncovered another unexplained UFO sighting.

These bizarre pictures were snapped by a baffled Sun reader, known only as Roberta, who spotted the object in the skies above Golders Green, North London on May 7.

In our exclusive picture slideshow, the object twists and turns in the sky trailing long tendrils behind it.

Roberta said: "I saw this thing, which looks like a jellyfish, from my window between 8.30 and 10pm.

"It was my first thought that it could be a kite or a balloon, but it moved completely defying gravity.

"The 'thing' did not move like a kite."

The Ministry of Defence were tight-lipped on the sighting.

A spokesperson said: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity.

"Unless there is evidence of a potential threat, there is no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported."

----------------------
    are people really that silly, i mean even if UFO's did excist, why all the fuss over them anyway?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1162498.ece

anyone here belive in little green men with big hands, and big eyes? or have people just been watching to much close encounters of the first kind!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

it looks like a balloon to me!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Yep - Balloon or Box kite.

I do beleive in UFOs in the strict sense of the word - but I'm deeply sceptical over any connection with alien visitors.

Most of them are simply MFOs (M for Misidentified) or classified military tech

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nesm Registered Senior Member

Oh dear. The parody deity it has integrated itself into human culture. No longer are we seeing the technological beings and craft so suited to the start of the industrial age up until now. We've overcome our fears of the technologically supreme being - with Iphone in pocket and white tendrils to our ears, we've finally overcome our fears and removed the typically tech-advanced UFO from our skies.

Now it is religion and the gods which play on our minds. And thus was the first sighting of the Flying Spaghetti monster documented in our media.

Seems our 'monsters' evolve with the times.

8. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

I think UFOs will become a high profile debate on all levels. One reason is the world wide fear of the US military. It's going to get interesting.

And, yeah. this photo is far from the most convincing photos out there.

9. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Nah - The UFO conspiracy stuff is all a bit Twen Cen these days

10. Gustav Banned Banned

apparently so
    i've never seen anyone make a topic out of a tabloid news item in sci before.
    i guess congrats are in order

thanks for dumbing down the board