New I Phone

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by cosmictraveler, May 12, 2008.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well, this is a interesting techno gadget. I don't need Wi Fi to get the internet any longer. This is better than a laptop in some ways but tryng to work the key pad is still difficult. You can't use anything but your fingers to type with because it only oicks up electromagnetic signatures coming from a real live person not an inanimate object. I've programmed many songs, Email addys and pictures into the phone so far and it sounds and look OK. I can also put a movie or two into it to watch but the batteries last only 3 hours so I'm told. When the batteries die there's no way to remove them so they will replace the whole I Phone with a new one free of charge as long as you have it under warranty. I have a 1 year extension plan so I believe that the batteries will die before the 2 years is up then I get a new version of it and add another 1 year warranty again.

The blue tooth ear piece works fine, it to is made by Apple and is very light and fits snugly into my ear without any discomfort. I can also just use the built in speaker phone on the I Phone as well if the ear pieces battery goes dead. Neat little gadget to mess with and be useful when I need help when out driving around and get into trouble.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

is this an I-phone spam?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Did you just buy an iPhone? If not I would highly recommend waiting 1 month (end of June).
    The 3g model is coming out. The original iPhone was only able to access the slower "edge" network (which barely gives you dial up speed). The 3G version uses HSDPA. The speed is about ~3.6 Mbps which is as good as residential ADSL (give or take latency and normal interference like concrete walls or mountains or sun spots or something).

The original iPhone was torture unless you were piggy-backing on an available unsecured AP.

oh well --from the tone of your post, looks like you already bought it----- maybe they'll let you swap it out in June.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

No, I'm not plugging I Phone, I'm only reporting about what I find that it does or doesn't do. This one has 15 Gigs in it so that's plenty of memory for me. I can download a few movies if I want as long as I can get electricity instead of a battery. The battery lasts about 3 hours or so , that's enough for one long movie or two quickies.