Intangible Assets. Public or Private?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Pine_net, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Pine_net Chaos Product Registered Senior Member

If it's one thing that pisses me off it's the argument over public or private ownership of intagibles like the Human Genome, Electromagnetic Spectrum Ranges and the World Wide Web. It seems though that most people don't give a rats ass about it. Maybe when the government starts charging for air to breath, then maybe people will take notice. I'm sure it's not to far off.

Bastards...

P.S. Oh yeah, I like my national forest the way it is you damn Weyerhaeuser !@!@!$&*@&$!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

What? This is not a post about nano-tech? WTF?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pine_net Chaos Product Registered Senior Member

Heh, heh...

Yeah, I'm a bit off topic today...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I understand your exasperation, Pine_net. It hardly seems right to charge for those things that you can not lay hands on.

It really irks me, when trying the mandate morality, that the government decides with the help of the moral bible thumpers, parents, and social institutions that you shouldn’t be able to go here or there for no other reason that it might offend someone. I can understand security for things like nuclear stuff. It seems like for ages politicians have been trying to figure out how to tax the Internet transactions and come up with a new source of income. That is one of the very reasons that people do transactions on the Internet. (Of course, selection and price would stand right in there also) In the effort to "better control" over things they think that they must own it so no one can gainsay them and tell them what they do is wrong.

This smacks of politicians with too much time on their hands and moral do-gooders who would have you conform to their idea of what is right without you having any say so in the matter. If they can make a few millions out of in the process and gain control over something they have no right to, so much the better. (In their eyesight)

GRRRRR!!!!!