What is a stroke?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tnerb, May 7, 2008.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

I believe I've had a stroke.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's too bad, guy. Are you numb on one side of your body? I think its when part of your brain dies.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

When part of your brain dies? Can you elaborate on that? I'm just curious as if that is the case I have had a strooke no, I am not numb on one side of my body you might say all of my b ody is suffering from something terrible.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You should really see a doctor about that. Dr. Google.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

if you belive you had a stroke you need to call an ambulance and go to a hospital straight away. The symptoms are weakness in one side of the body, altered feeling on one or both sides or paralisis on one or both sides of the body, slured speach and head aches although the Pt can pass out if its server as well.

A stroke is when there is a blockage to one of the arteries feeding part of the brain (its very hard to block the blood surplie to the WHOLE brain because its feed by 2 major and 2 minor arteries as reduncencys)

There is also a TIA which is a transiant ischemic atack where the blood is blocked for a short period of time (its kind of like angina of the brain) and it can be a warning sign of a major stroke so it needs to be investigated

9. krokah Registered Senior Member

Have you seen a doctor yet.

10. John99 Banned Banned

slurred speech.

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yes, that's one form of a stroke. But the most common of all is the rupturing of a blood vessel inside the brain. The resulting hemorrhaging is what cause the actual damage to the brain tissue in this type.

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

your right, i compleatly forgot about heamoragic stroke and only concentrate on ischemic strokes.

I do apologise

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

How's the stroke coming on?

14. Roman Banned Banned

Stroke?
    OR FAP amirite

15. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Why?

Btw, last time you wrote somewhere you wanted to apply for online college
    because of poor health. Is it something related with that?

16. Tnerb Banned Banned

Nope, I haven't did much. I seen a psychologist who says that I am in recovery stage. And that we all go through these, there are many who are far older than I am so that confuses me.

I guess I am in a shitty condition, but what is occuring at the present I feel will pass.

Irregardless,

Yeah, I was just asking what a stroke is because it is said in the dictionary something about disfunctioning in the brain or something, sudden attack of loss of reality, something similar to this I would take asguards defination up first.

And also, I think I'll be okay... (there's a first)......

17. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i know someone who ahd a stroke a few years ago, they have problems remembering his kids names, dates of important events like his wedding, he gets very tired and very grouchy towards the end of the day, he even calls his wife all sorts of other womens names, (and no he is not having an affair), he even forgets how to tie his shoelaces!"

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

sisyphus__ there are alot of things both nerological (epilepsy for one), organic (like an infection, ie meningitis), a endocronolical disorder (like diabites) and psycological (like panic atacks) that can mimic a stroke but just like a chest pain nero symptoms should never be dismissed. A falling GCS (glasco coma scale) should always be treated as a medical emergency because of the risks involved. Sometimes what apears to be a stroke can in reality be a epilepsy or a form of feinting disorder but these diognosies should be given by a nerologist not an internet forum. As i said even a TIA should be investigated (ie if the symptoms are transiant rather than persistant) because it can show either a heart related problem (like AF) or an on coming stroke.

The wikipedia artical i used to check my symptom list (in case i had forgoten any) stated that strokes are the second biggest killer in the US and even if its not nero related some of the other causes can be just as dangorious.

Please dont take my word for it and get it checked out

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Maybe you shouldn't drink and use medication at the same time.

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I do, it makes reality allot easier to handle that way!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It's also very dangerous. One day, your liver may just quit on you.

22. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Isn't there an acronym to remember in case of a stroke ?

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The best he can do is get of his lazy ass and see a doctor A.S.A.P. (there's your acronym

)