The morons

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Vkothii, May 3, 2008.

1. Vkothii Banned Banned

I've always wondered about what it must be like for people who are morons.

I've met a few people like this: one was a copper in Brisbane who had arrested me at this house I was crashing at, after he and his buddies turned up to hassle everyone, find some specks of vegetable matter on a record cover, and decide someone had to be arrested, which was me.

On the way to the station, in the back of the car a conversation of sorts was struck, and this moron copper figured out I wasn't a native, but one of those "bloody Kiwis", so he asks me about who else I knew from NZ at this house, in particular one other dude who they just smacked around a little but didn't arrest, and asks me, since I'm a Kiwi, if I know this geezer. He got all put out when I said no, and responded: "why not, you're from New Zealand aren't you?"

I thought about a reply along the lines: "yes, but I only know everyone in the North Island", or maybe: "so, what's being a moron like?"

Funny, I still come across people like this - they join the police or the army or get a job in some office because they appear to be utterly incapable of independent thinking. Or people who get so caught up in things, they can't think any other way or see any other perspective than the linear, blinkered one they've developed as some kind of defense mechanism, for god knows what reason.

There are morons everywhere - some of these idiots get into positions of responsibility, which is usually a big, big, mistake, because they don't know what it is.
    Complete morons don't as a rule get any opportunities, but ordinary morons (like the Brisbane cop who didn't seem to give much of a stuff that he was almost a complete moron), get in because they can still behave like "normal" people, some of the time - they laugh, they can tell a joke, they can talk and so on (sometimes they tell you a joke without even being aware of it).

Where would the world be without these people? :shrug::m:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

Now imagine a world were only you exist, look into a mirror and ask yourself...what a world would be like without them

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Vkothii Banned Banned

No, that doesn't make sense. A world where only I exist wouldn't be a world, it would just be me. Who would I tell the jokes to?

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

exactly, so accept others in this world.

8. Gustav Banned Banned

strengths and weaknesses would be a better treatment

9. Gustav Banned Banned

fuckin moron

10. draqon Banned Banned

just look into mirror and say it

11. Gustav Banned Banned

sorry
    i cant lie

12. draqon Banned Banned

neither can your fat

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Dude. I'd love to blame this on Americans, but they got enough shit to deal with. Yeah, Morons get into stupid places, through luck or by having someone care enough about them. Sometime's they're un moronic in some areas, sometimes their moronic in all.

14. Gustav Banned Banned

you wish that i inflict wounds upon my person

/shocked/saddend

15. draqon Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

What prompted them to 'turn up at the house'?

Social call?

17. Gustav Banned Banned

fuckin moron

18. draqon Banned Banned

drugs don't wait for no one.

19. Tnerb Banned Banned

Yeah.

Fuckin sciforumons.

20. draqon Banned Banned

I state the truth that many dont wish to hear

21. Vkothii Banned Banned

Not too sure - I was only crashing there, it was a mate's house and I was over on holiday, didn't know about any history with the place, was the innocent pawn, etc.

22. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Oh right. Maybe you're the moron then?

23. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

It sure must make you feel good to believe you are not one, eh.