Albert Hoffman the 'CREATOR' of LSD dies aged 102.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Pinocchio's Hoof, May 1, 2008.

1. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Just found out the the accidental inventor of lysergic acid diethylamide-25 or LSD dies at his home on tuesday...

The first man ever to 'Trip' on acid did so 5 years after the drug had been synthesised, after accidently asorbing some through his skin,he decided to re-examine the effects on April 13th, 1943 'Bicycle Day'...

while being helped home on his bike by his laboratory assistant.
    he notes that everything in his field of vision wavered and was distorted, as if seen in a curved mirror..
    he also had the sensation of being unable to move from the spot yet, they were travelling very rapidly
    When he arrived home he was brought some milk by a neighbour, whom he perceived as a "malevolent, insidious witch" wearing "a lurid mask".
    He also felt threatened by the furniture.
    Hofmann mentions that during the condition every acoustic perception, such as the sound of a passing automobile, was transformed into optical perceptions...

I've got to thank Mr Hoffman , for his 'Hippie candy' personaly for making my teenage years have more 'thrills and rides' than disneyland....

Hey you've got to thank him for the smiley faces too....

If it wasn't for Hoffman, Huxley would not have written the 'doors of perception'......

DANKE HERR HOFFMAN...

Read his autobiography 'LSD, My Problem Child', 1979.

the creator was the first....lol..and just as freaked out, (i've been threatened by a large houseplant before,I know how intimidating they can be)

Thank you mr Hoffman

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HumanBeast Registered Member

Cool! Men rarely live over the age of 80.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i want to try lsd

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

If you get the chance, try psylosibin mushrooms too.

8. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

sick...those make me feel like i am dying

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That's because you are.. :bugeye:

10. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Really? Can you explain?

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Make sure that you don't take the LSD that is laced with speed, strychnine or other crap they put into it today. Before there was a LSD 25 which was a pure form of the stuff but I really don't know if that's arond any longer today. Just be very, very careful and have someone with you that has "tripped" before and use a low dose, about 100 micrograms. :itold:

12. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Well you basically poison yourself, the visual hallucinations appear to me to be these melt blobs of color...everythng seems generally sick and twisted, and thats how my body feels as well. I experience pangs of panic sweats shaking...and puking sometimes.

I try not to take things that can kill me :shrug:

13. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I've never been sick from eating mushrooms, nor have I ever felt like I was dying. It wouldn't surprise me if there were species out there that have negative side effects however. I also wouldn't rule out food poisoning (in the event of incorrect storage, or improper drying).
    I guess I haven't been around any funky ones. The local mushrooms I used to have "in the day" (it's been years) were always a relatively safe experience.

14. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

done that

15. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Forget LSD, have some salvia. :thumbsup:

16. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

The experience isnt as mind opening...but it can be much more vivid

17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Let's not forget the U.S Government's role in it's devolopment for the purposes of mind-control and social engineering. Science fiction doesn't get that good!

18. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Hahaha make a video of when you trip and put it on youtube.

19. Imperfectionist Pope Humanzee the First Registered Senior Member

BS, that's just an urban myth. Also, don't start with a low dose, go for broke.

20. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Salivia, made me feel like i'm drunk on a boat with one leg shorter than the other...

uke:
    'Liberty Caps'(Psilocybe semilanceata) common english 'shrooms are guaranteed to get your laughing gear on overdrive.
    'Mexicans'(psylocybin cubensis) if you can get them.
    'San Pedro Cactus' but it tastes like tramps saliva with a hint of washing-up liquid finished with slimey cucumber.
    'Hawiian baby woodrose' seeds are quite mellow but for some reason gave me a sore groin..lol

The downside to LSD opposed to 'shroomie's are the comedowns they are generaly much more prolonged and can be quite intense.

21. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

The experience can be intense, not the comedown

22. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

The low/comedown that follows an LSD trip compared to a shroom is a lot more intense imo, I sleep quite easily after mushrooms.

23. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i was wearing just panties and i tied my hair up with a pen and did an impersonation of helena bonham carter in fight club

then I started to sing and cry and did ophelia from hamlet singing about her father's death... and will he not come again, no no he is dead, go to thy death bed, he will never come again, his beard was as white as snow, all flaxen was his poll, he is gone he is gone, and we cast away moan, god ha mercy on his soul, and of all christians souls i pray god, god be wi ye

chris said that was pretty hillarious and a pretty good depiction of mad ophelia

then i stared at the headboard for a good hour, and talked how the headboard was full of people having sex, they were having an orgy, and they were making me blush

i also tried to bite m arm off, I gave my arm such a bite that the mark was there for weeks

and i kept thinking that chris wanted to eat my face, i'd scream and turn away when he'd come to kiss me

there was a lot of visual effects, but the most predominant one was little shiny dots everywhere, like LEDs... and they changed colors and sometimes where were yellow squares around these dots and i called that epithelial cells

also the wallpaper had flowers and they kept dancing and going up and down and circling

i think i took too much, i'm glad chris was there