Has anyone taught themsleves to hallucinate?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Apr 27, 2008.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

By accident I learnt to hallucinate. All I did was when I was in bed and sleepy I would focus on a small dot and watch it until it starts to move (which it will). I would also look at the light bulb and then turn the light of and follow the trail. Anyway I'm not sure how long I did this for but in the end I was able to see very real hallucinations.

For example I could in the dark watch the ceiling and see all sorts of things, dinosaurs would transform into people etc. The picture was never stable and would change constantly. Some times they would come to close to me and I would stop them or some times I would see a mass of giant spiders running across the ceiling and I would again stop things.

I don't think I can do this anymore as I just have not practiced for a long time. But has anyone taught themselves to do this? What is your experience?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you have a vivid imagination not hallucinations. Ever stop to understand the differences?

hallucinations:

1 a: perception of objects with no reality usually arising from disorder of the nervous system or in response to drugs (as LSD)

imagination:

Imagination is the ability to form mental images, or the ability to spontaneously generate images within one's own mind. It helps provide meaning to experience and understanding to knowledge; it is a fundamental facility through which people make sense of the world, and it also plays a key role in the learning process. A basic training for imagination is the listening to storytelling in which the exactness of the chosen words is the fundamental factor to 'evoke worlds'.

Imagination can also be expressed through stories such as fairy tales or fantasies. Most famous inventions or entertainment products were created from the inspiration of one's imagination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagination

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Cosmic these are images that I can see with my eye's open. It's an external vision not an internal.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I thought I was alone in this!!!

If I stare at the ceiling, I see all kinds of characters form out of the dots. Often dinosaurs, then they transform into all kinds different creatures. They're always kind of cartoonish though, and they are only 2 dimensional.
    It started once when I was really high, and I just never lost it. Although, I do need to concentrate harder now to make it happen.

Thats cool though, I thought I was alone, and perhaps a little crazy for seeing this.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But your vision starts inside your brain that processes the images so what you see sometimes gets a little imagination thrown in with it whenever your in that type of mood.:shrug:

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

If you stare long enough at the clouds you can see all kinds of different creatures too.

10. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Look at the sun and stare for about 10 sec and you will begin to see spots all over the place.

It's madness!!

11. Malakas Banned Banned

Ask a Christian. They are good at hallucinations.

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Yep, and it's effortless for me (just the nature of my brain). It's not hypnagia as that is alot heavily integrated with normal senses. It's also not imagination because of the non-stop automatic changes. I don't know if the phenomenon has been studied as my observations are that most people don't experience it.

I personally tend to have a high degree of natural creativity (it's really effortless for me) and I have always wondered if this phenomenon is a side-effect of a creative mind (constantly evaluating new paths and scenarios). Do you find that you are generally a creative person?

13. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Crunchy yes I am. I can often make links that others cannot see and I am always coming up with new ideas. I tend to feed my sub-conscious data and then out of no where I will get answers.

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

When deprived of sensory input in the dark all kinds of shapes start to appear, then also images. The shapes are roughly the same for all people in all ages, you can see them in 20,000 year old cave paintings. They are the same because our brain hasn't biologically changed since homo sapiens began.

The popular theory right now is that it is exactly from there that man learned to draw images, i.e., they were images seen in cave "temples", and the visions were then drawn onto cave walls.

15. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

I'd be interested to know if the same area of the brain is stimulated when hallucinating as when someone is experiencing meditative equipoise. I shouldn't think so though, the mind can usually differenciate between drugs and, for lack of terminology, organic experiences. Anyone who's tried ecstasy will tell you the experience is wild but nothing compared to the organic "real" love you feel with a new born baby, for example. I wonder if the cerebral cortex is stimulated in different areas. And also, I hear the pineal gland is important in these areas too, how I'm not sure, I just hear from a fella in Columbia once, who heard it from some Venezuelan.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  16. draqon Banned Banned

well this happens to me when I look at the clouds for long time...I see all these elephants floating in like big ships with large ears...

17. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

Oh my god dragon, you're too cute. I wanna put you on two slices of bread and eat you.

18. draqon Banned Banned

thats cannibalism

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Oh, don't be such a baby! On into the pot!

20. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

Metaphorical eating is ok though.

21. draqon Banned Banned

so thats what countless forest wanderings have done to you, Baba Yaga has enlisted you for her cause

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I see music, I hear colors so does that mean I'm hallucinating?:shrug:

23. draqon Banned Banned

ummm...that means you got issues brother...