Toilet Seat - Up or Down?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by madanthonywayne, Apr 22, 2008.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

This is great. Let me bring up another issue. Why do we let women give us men crap about leaving the toilet seat up? Why don't we give them crap about leaving the seat down? Is the toilet seat that hard to work that us men must do all the repositioning of it?:shrug:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Having dropped things in the open toilet that I'd rather not have, I make sure to put the seat and the lid down.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

That is an easy question. Most people don't realize, but there are actually 3 positions with toilet seats. So to screw both parties, and since I have a dog, who would want to drink from it, I advise to put both the seat AND the cover down. In this way you also prevent accidental dropping of anything into the toilet...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

My mother said she spent too much time teaching boys to put it up, to bother about whether they put it back down afterwards.

Set it up like you want it to be, whoever you are. I close the thing, myself - I tend to drop things in the bathroom. Soap, water, steam, little gadgets that have to be handled - not the place for an open bucket of water I don't want to fish stuff out of. Plus the lid makes a frequently handy spot.

btw: if you flush with the lid up, "aerosolization" comes into play - flush with the lid down for a few weeks, and check out the underside around the rim: that's what goes airborne, with the lid up.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  8. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Which is why those in the know recommend that you keep your toothbrush at least six feet away from your toilet.

(Now let me see that smile..)

9. Bells Staff Member

And this begs the question of why some men are so bad at aiming that they need that extra couple of inches room for their urine to go into the bowl. Is that large gap not big enough? Are you that bad at aiming that you need to lift the seat up? Or is it because of the dribbles? If your dribbling is the issue, learn to grab toilet paper before peeing instead of simply letting it dribble down onto the edge of the toilet, sometimes dribbling it on the floor.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Accuracy decreases at high altitudes. Also, spraying is a territorial instinct.

11. mrow Unless Registered Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, are most of you on here on a different time zone or is it 2:48am there too?

And I just asked my boyfriend. Sometimes it sprinkles apparently and the extra inches on the sides prove helpful. But he always puts it down when he's done anyway. Jealous, ladies?

12. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Well, once in a while you'll get a situation where the urine goes off in some crazy direction or even sprays out kind of in a split stream "V" pattern. In those situations, the extra room is nice.

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

what does it matter? we both know how to work the seat, if women think Eww i'm not touching that its dirty, then why should men?

14. Bells Staff Member

Nice.

So you liberally spray your toilet walls to make your territory?

Pfft.

Be a man and sit down.

I really don't understand why people make such a big deal out of it. If the seat is up, just put it down and vice versa. Then again, my husband doesn't only put the seat down, he also puts the lid down as well before he flushes.

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

We used to practice that very thing on our school walls all the time. I sense a smidgen of jealousy.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Insert title here)

Putting the toilet seat down is a fine habit. After all, we men sometimes need the seat down, too.

17. John99 Banned Banned

The worst is when women pee standing up like they do at the bars with one bathroom. The pee all over the place and dont even care.

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you know it actually takes more energy for a man to put the toilet up than for a person to flick it back down?

Anyway i agree with bells. It stays the way i finish with it

19. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Pissing in the sink is much easier for me (not that I do this regularly).
    If every man started pissing in the sink there would be no problem.

However I always put the lid down because it seems more hygienic.

20. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Do remember to take the dishes out first. Anything else is just bad manners.

21. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Of course

22. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

It's only in deference to women that we put it up in the first place, otherwise we'd just splash all over it.
    And then they'd be moaning because they have to wash it
    Or, we could, as Steve100 puts it so delicately, piss in the sink.

They should be grateful.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  23. pharaohmoan The illusion is you, let go. Registered Senior Member

Well my goodness you guys must have so much free time on your hands that you can talk about such a topic. Get a life!

BTW The answer is obviously seat down as still both females and males can still use it, obviously the male needs a slightly better shot than with seat up but worst things can happen. Failing this try some watersports with your partner and piss everywhere!!!!