I'm disgusted with some humans...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cosmictraveler, Apr 17, 2008.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

This morning I was driving and was stopped at a light when a small dog somehow started to run across a very busy intersection. Instead of breaking for the dog a SUV just plowed into it sending it flying into the curb where it got up and started running in circles and falling down. The driver actually was looking at the dog as he sped away from the tragedy and never came back. I pulled my car over and as soon as it was safe ran over to the dog, which wasn't more than one year old ,and held him. He was very badly bleeding from his ears , mouth and head. He just looked up at me as I was holding him and died in my arms. I just don't understand how some people just don't give a damn about anything anymore. I just sat there alone with the body, for no one else cared, and cried for him. I took him to the local ASPCA to be creamated.

Why don't people at least stop to see if they can help instead of just taking off? What if it were a child? I'm sickened by this behavior but see that it is becoming more prevalant in our society today, at least where I live anyway.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

...Im sorry that happened. People just dont give a shit anymore, it really is a shame.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

well if they did remain...they would be charged for animal assault, a punishable crime up to some years in prison, so hmmm...help the animals or get jailed?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

No, there's no crime to leave an animal when you hit it. It is only if you hit a human that you must stop. It would be just common sense to render aid to any animal that you hit if you can. As I did and I didn't hit the dog.

8. draqon Banned Banned

LOOK, I am telling you what they were thinking...

Can you accept their fear? That is the reason they fled.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But everyone knows there's no law that will put you in jail for hitting an animal even if you kill it.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm disgusted.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Maybe the driver did not see the dog? He could have been distracted.

12. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I know why did you have it cremated when you could have had it marinated?

13. draqon Banned Banned

14. Snuffleupagus Banned Banned

well that was a mean person, and i think big bird would sits on their mean head.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

They already creamated it. lol

16. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I know...waste of a perfectly good meal if you ak me.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

They put cream on it :shrug:

Creamated, not cremated.

Sorry Cosmic

18. draqon Banned Banned

creamated cream creamed on cremated cream or cream me some babe on my cremated creamy steamy cream

19. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Ahhh I got dibs on the ribs.....lol

Im sorry too

20. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

busy intersection?perhaps if he would have stopped to avoid hitting the dog or swerved he would have caused an accident?

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I remember one time many yrs ago we were driving and we saw a dog being hit in the opposite on coming lanes. Somehow it bounced over and we hit it as well. We felt so terrible. We pulled to the side immediately but the dog was laying there very badly injured but not dead. My ex carried it over to the side of the road and some other ppl who saw it stopped as well. One of the ppl took the dog and said he would put it in his truck and take it to the animal clinic. We felt so horrible even though it looked like it was hit a couple times before we hit it, and we were slowed down.

It is awful! sometimes when i am driving and a squirrel runs out from nowhere you aren't quite sure what to do it happens so fast. If you are on a busy road and cars are behind you travelling at good speeds you can't always avoid it. Luckily I have been able to and then you cross your fingers it made it across the street.

22. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Woman, read.

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

A tragic even indeed. Unfortunately, in this day, morality is being forgotten and people just don't care about anything than their wallets and TV's anymore.