What matters?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Adam, Jun 4, 2002.

?

What matters most?

1. Monogamy. Is she/he yours and only yours?

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Trust.

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Honesty.

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Sacrifice. Is she/he willing to give things up for you?

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Religion. Does he/she have to believe what you believe?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Kids. Does she/he need to be willing to have your kids?

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Fun.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Great sex.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. Looks.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

We've had a rash of threads about sexual positions and such. I know what I like to do. Now I'm interested in a slightly broader poll. What is it that matters to you when it comes to girlfriends/boyfriends/wives/husbands, et cetera? If you choose, Other, please explain.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Unfortunately religion is top of the list for very religious people. Race and sexual preference are also very important

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Monogamy - I am not about to spend a long, serious relationship with a girl who wants to fool around
    Honesty - This and trust go hand in hand, in my opinion. I don't like people in general unless they are honest.
    Fun - Definetly the most important. What the hell is the point of a long relationship without fun?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

Monogamy, honesty and personality.

8. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

For me: What Xev and Tyler said.

9. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I'm not going to vote in the poll, because as usual they are too limited in scope for the topic.

Monogamy is important, as the first thing. It is a waste to spend any amount of time with someone who is not on the same level as you. If they are not serious, you are wasting your time and sooner or later it is going to hurt. If you have children, between the two of you, how important is it to you to know that your heir is really just that. The product of the pair of you and not someone elses. That is truely theft of the heart and the wallet when it occurs.

Level headedness is a quality you don't appreciate till it is not there. Not just lack of flightyness but stability of emotions. I won't spend my time on this earth with someone who only knows how to raise hell and enjoys it.

Fun? There is nothing wrong with fun; it adds spice to our daily lives. Only, our daily lives are made up of the every day ordinary stuff. I crack a joke and enjoy a good joke or humour where it is found. (Though that isn't all that makes up fun) The reality is when you wake up and look over at your pardner in life, who is just waking up also and realise this is a beautiful lady. (Before the daily morning rituals) When it might be real nice to go make coffee and bring a cup before waking him/her up as a nice suprise. Or waking through the yard, you think of that one who is special and pick a flower to bring in unannounced just because. That is reality, that is the everyday that each of us live within. That is what you have to deal with on a daily basis. Fun comes and goes. Reality is what stares you in the face everyday.

Truthfulness? Goes hand in hand with it. How can you base a relationship without it?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2002
  10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Ok adam

what i look for in a reationship

Faithfullness, without it i want NO part of the whole thing

Honesty and trust go with the one above

Intellegence, i just can't stand air heads

Integrety, it is inportant to me that my girl be willing to stand up to ANYONE (including to ME, ESPECALLY to me) for what she belives in

Lastly i need a girl who is really atracted to me

that may seem oviouse but i don't know

And i DO want a girl who eventully wants children, because I do

11. ismu ::phenomenon::. Registered Senior Member

All, EXCEPT monogamy. polygamy is good: one man, four chicks.

12. Squid Vicious Banned Banned

You're all conditioned.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

would it be better if i said i liked big tits and no brain?

well i don't

i like small everything and i DON'T like air heads
    as friends OR GF
    they Irate me

14. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Best sex I ever had was with an Indonesian contortionist chick. NO WAY would I want to spend more than a weekend with her though. I actually do prefer a girl with a brain, a will, and integrity.

15. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Ismu, HOW do you always come up with the right answers?