Red Bull Air Race

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Orleander, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

This is coming to Detroit and we are thinking of going. They haven't released tickets for it yet though. Has anyone here ever been? How much was it? Was it worth it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntVBN0W3fpA

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

I've been to a few air races, although not a 'Red Bull' sponsored event, and I would say it would depend on the terrain, the course, and where you get to spectate from.

If the course is over water as shown in the vid, that would be cool, as there would be no obstacles to impede your view. The aircraft are fast, and fly low, so it's easy to lose track of them round a course, and back when I used to go, there was no smoke to aid re-aquisition.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Its on the river between Canada and Detroit. Tickets aren't for sale yet, but I'm not sure if we really need them.

Thanks for teh advice Luci. I'll make sure we have ear protection. I wouldn't have thought of it. Thanks again!!!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

your welcome, it is a damn fine day out though if you do decide to go, we had a brillaint time, mind you we didnt pay for our tickets!

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It's like over a 2 or 3 mile course so that you'll onlky see the planes when they are within your field of view. It's like watching a car race, you only see them when their in you area. The planes are faster for they travel at over 300 MPH!

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

That's why I considered buying tickets. In the Red Bull section, they have jumbo screens showing each section of the race

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Isn't it going to be televised on regular TV after the event is done with? :shrug:

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

That's like saying "Why go to the Zepplin concert, its gonna be on MTV later"