Fla. lawmakers OK take-your-guns-to-work law

Discussion in 'World Events' started by cosmictraveler, Apr 9, 2008.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Most Florida residents would be allowed to take guns to work under a measure passed by Florida lawmakers on Wednesday.

The bill, allowing workers to keep guns in their cars for self-protection, was approved by the Florida Senate by a vote of 26-13. It now goes to Republican Gov. Charlie Crist to sign into law.

Backed by the National Rifle Association and some labor unions, the so-called "take-your-guns-to-work" measure would prohibit business owners from banning guns kept locked in motor vehicles on their private property.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24033282&GT1=43001

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Are they going to allow kids to take their guns to school for show and tell as well?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Good, I've always thought the peope should have a right to defend themselves.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ang2223 Registered Member

Only if they are over 18, and promise to stay out of clock towers. I couldn't imagine this, i have never even seen a real gun.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This is the same state where you can legally shoot a person if you think they look threatening.

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I see nothing wrong with that law.

10. ang2223 Registered Member

I see nothing right with this law. Of course I'm not afraid to walk the streets after midnight, maybe its just relative to time and place. The gun laws here are extremely sticked, your looking at close to a thousand dollars and a year or two in time just for the "privilege" to hunt.

11. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Aren't you Syrian? Or Lebanese? Guess what? To the average American, that seems threatening. So, should Floridians have the right to shoot you on sight, so long as they actually feel threatened by you?

There are Floridians I know who think all blacks are threatening...

More likely, the Florida law is somehow more complicated than "looking threatening" being a defense to the inevitable murder charge.