What's going on?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by mrow, Apr 7, 2008.

1. mrow Unless Registered Senior Member

For about the past month, I've been becoming easily angered by small annoyances. It's odd and very unlike me. I've always been someone who won't even get angry when I should. But lately it doesn't take too much and I don't get it. Like seeing the time after finishing what I had to get done for the day and becoming angry that I'm not going to get enough sleep to feel okay the next day. Minor stuff like that that I'd normally shrug off. And I don't mean I get annoyed, I mean really angry. Like the kind that's hard to shake and causes you to breath heavier and such.

Anyone ever go through a phase like this or know what might be behind it? :shrug:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HGVonGalten Registered Member

1. Are you on in medicine right now and if so, how long have you been on it?

That would be my first guess. It sounds like you are experiencing some effects of "hypertension". My second guess would be that you have recently shifted the levels of physical activity? Do you have a job where you are less physically involved now?

Finally, what's your age? Male or Female?

-HGVonGalten

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mrow Unless Registered Senior Member

No medication. In my twenties. Female.

No change in physical activity.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

hmmmm is somebody in your life stressing you out?
    That happens to be sometimes, and even the small things become irratating.

8. mrow Unless Registered Senior Member

Haha...well you know better than most (or any on here) the answer to that. Think that's all it is? It never seems directed at that. Just general anger at random things unexpectedly. But you think?

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I am just going by my own experience. My older son has been stressing me out lately, since he started junior high he seems to think he is too cool all of a sudden. I find myself holding onto the stress sometimes, and I find my patience level for even silly things isn't as high as usual. I think sometimes you just hold onto and it starts to spill out into other things that have nothing to do with it.

10. mrow Unless Registered Senior Member

Yeah, it probably is stress. I feel really stressed beforehand and then something small will happen that makes me furious. Ugh I want it to stop.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I am sure alot of us can relate! Sometimes it does seem to drag on and on. You try and pretend it has gone away but things are still nagging on you. If it is someone who is stressing you out, sometimes a good talk and getting it all out can make it stop.

12. HGVonGalten Registered Member

That happens to a lot of folks, but if it's causing your bloodpressure to get high, then you might want to keep an eye on diet and also "VERY IMPORTANT" level of physical activity. Just a few minutes of walking a day can help out your mood a lot. You don't have to run a marathon or anything like that. Additionally, a lot of folks when down and out, will try meds first before excercise. And most problems (anger) are easily delt with by just a little excercise (or a hired hitman).

Good luck.

-HGVonGalten

13. HGVonGalten Registered Member

Yes, kids get to that age and you just want to say, "You aren't cute anymore."

My sister - all of 14 years old - came stolling (no sauntering actually) in from the beach this weekend.
    "Where've you been?" I asked.
    "We just met this really cool guy down the beach...he's coming by later." She stated.
    I looked at my mother and mimed my young sister, "He was Sooo cool mom!"

That - in essence - is how kids are at this young age; superior, know it all, sarcastic...come to think of it, a lot like I was at that age.

It passes though. Truly

-HGVonGalten

14. mrow Unless Registered Senior Member

I'd never try meds for this. Hired hitman...maybe...

15. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

is mrow a man or a woman?

if a woman, are you on any form of contraceptives?

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

she is a woman

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

HAHA so true! but I still have another son in the "he is just so damn cute phase" thank god. Although will prob be over soon too! :bawl:

Before he hit junior high he didn't have so much attitude. I am keeping him in check though. I am still in charge even though he seems to think I am the Bad Guy lately. Oh well. I am still his Mom not his friend he doesn't have to like all my rules but he has to follow them.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That is an excellent attitude. More parents should realise that a child can have any friends, but parents are unique.

19. Kadark Banned Banned

1) Children shouldn't be able to be friends with anybody they want. You've never heard the expression, "I don't want you hanging around _____ over there. He's trouble!"

2) Children shouldn't assume a role of "friendship" between themselves and their parents. Parents should maintain an appropriate level of disciplinary oversight, and should make sure that all the rules established in the household are followed religiously. If and when the children take these rules and parental recommendations to heart, they can be closer to their parents in terms of friendship. However, first and foremost, appropriate fear and authority is necessary. Friends have no fear or authority over each other, which is why parents shouldn't be friends to their children. Those who are usually make it to the Maury Show, drowning in tears for their own folly and naivety.

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

1) I have NEVER told my kids they can't have a certain friend. I have told them that a certain person wasn't welcome in our home, but never couldn't be friends. They have to learn what a good or bad friend is and the only way that can happen is if they find out for themselves.
    Both have. (Cory the fire bug and Rachel the bitch)

2) I am a friend to both my kids. Sometimes I am an incredibly bossy friend with a hint of bully, but I'm still a friend.

I would never never want my children to fear me. Those are the parents who have children with secrets.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

anyone know the age? Pre-menopausal??

22. mrow Unless Registered Senior Member

I am on contraceptives actually. But same ones for 3 years now.

23. Kadark Banned Banned

Well then, you're a typical failed parent. Don't worry, though - you're anything but alone.