Bestiality/Animal to Man marriage and the future...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by HGVonGalten, Apr 2, 2008.

1. HGVonGalten Registered Member

What will the future bring? How will things change? With advances in science, what effect will this have in making some things which should be mockeries and perversions into real everyday situations. And lastly, how might perverse experiments adversely affect us?

Several years ago, when they began the homosexual marriage debate, someone brought up the following possibility, they said, "What next, man marrying animals?" People laughed and said it was ridiculous, but it got me thinking.

If we accept homosexual marriage, what next? I mean, is it possible that in the future that there is a situation where a man might actually try to marry - say - a horse? What arguments would be used for this? "If I love my horse and my horse loves me, we should be able to marry. After all, it makes me happy and everyone knows it's all about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." It sounds crazy, but if we accept homosexual marriage, what would prevent us from accepting this? After all, 50 years ago it would have been unheard of for same sex marriages and now people actually consider it.

But if animal/man marriages happened in the future, and if they were legally recognized, then wouldn't the next step be to sue the government for the right to produce offspring? After all, if one is legally married to - say a horse -the government couldn't keep that man and his horse from utilizing science to maybe impregnate a mare's embryo with the genetical material of a man? I know it isn't possible now, but in the future we might be able to work out the problems arising from the combination of two different species genetic material.

But what problems might arise from something so perverse? Consider this, right now, there are many deadly viruses that humans are immune to...animal viruses. But if we create some "trans-specie" being, half man half horse, couldn't that being serve as a "bridge" to the gap of human and horse sicknesses?

It would mean this, a deadly horse virus "jumps" to the trans-specie offspring, it mutates and jumps again, this time to the ENTIRE POPULATION. It could mean the end of humanity.

Yes, this is a crazy possibility, but it illustrates how breaking one taboo might lead to others, and how science - though useful to help - might one day - under a perverted and short-sighted direction of a government, could lead to our deaths.

Things that make you go hmmm?

-HG

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

If a horse is in play, why not a picnic table, or a bicycle? Where do we draw the line?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I think that if the horse is able to consent to the marriage then that would be fine, but how can you force someone to marry if they don't want to marry you? The horse may not feel the same way that you feel about it and since horses don't normally speak the same language as humans it would be hard to determine consent, but if you could then so be it. Who am I to tell you who you can and cannot love?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Hybrids doing it with each other..
    Cow/Human hybrids for instance.. lol

8. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Not too long ago inter- racial marriages were also viewed as detestable and unheard of. What next if they allow black people to marry whites?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Slippery Slope fallacy. While a small but significant percentage of the population will prefer their own sex, very few will ever fall in romantic love with an animal. Now, an artificial humanoid robot is a different story.

10. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

They can already grow them a child in a lab.lol From earlier today on scifo
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=79326

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

They still are to some ppl.

12. HGVonGalten Registered Member

Hey, something else even. It makes you wonder if all of the "Mythology", such as a "centaur" might have been the previous race of humans failed attempt at genetic crossings?

And also, if you put a human head on a cattle, it would feel awkward making steak, especially if you got into an argument about where you were "really" taking the half cow/person. "No, that's not the slaughter-house...it's a condominium...truly." Everyone knows, it's a lot harder to slaughter livestock when they can speak to you, and do higher mathematics.

-H

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That can't be done in a natural way. See the link Cutsie posted.

14. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

"stomp once for "I do", twice for "I do not".

15. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Well then there you go. I now pronounce you man and horse or horse and wife. whatever.

16. HGVonGalten Registered Member

I read that link. I know it can't be done naturally but what I think is that if it were legalized, then the government would probably have to give the same rights to trans-specie couples as regular couples. Thus, they could be forced to allow the tools of science to create the offspring.

And it worries me because it would be a springboard for pathogens that are specific to certain species. Right now it's not as common (though it is possible) to pick up pathogens from animals. Namely viruses. And when we do pick them up, they usually aren't as harmful to us as they were to the animals, unless of course we don't have resistance, which is the point here. A transpecie creation would act as a springboard. A virus might not be able to "jump" from horse to human, but how about from half horse to half human?

-H

17. HGVonGalten Registered Member

Ha! That's very clever. Now please quite "horsing" around.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Luckily consent is needed from both parties. They'll have to treat the animals as if they were human for that..

It's not going to happen.

19. HGVonGalten Registered Member

As long as they don't know the language of animals, and can't understand what the animal is thinking then yes. But if something were to change? A breakthrough in language perhaps? That's why Planet of the Apes was so fascinating.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I really don't think animals have language like we do though. Besides, they have to understand what you're saying too.. I am pretty sure a horse won't understand the concept of marriage

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Splinters and cold steel

22. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Stop it your getting me all worked up

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

How about doing it with a bundle of steel wool ?