The Goblins Return, Yet Again

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Mar 31, 2008.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You're sitting down at your kitchen table when a Goblin walks in the front door, or through it I should say. You smile cordially and sip some of your fine tea/coffee/wine but then hear him speak. He says "my purpose here is only to help you, my people have been hiding in the shadows for your recorded history. If you choose I can grant you a special power." Now you are never one to trust a strange monster thingie but for some reason the goblin seems sincere, you decide to ask exactly what he means.

"Oh well before I decide what is this special gift Mr. goblin thingie?"

He tells you "I am a humble goblin, I come to offer you a chance.... you may go back in time to one place and either stay there or return. You have the option to stay, and if you wish return at any time. It cannot however be any point during which you were alive."

You think on this matter awhile, then you realize you'd like to see the future? You ask "what about the future, I can go there too right? The goblin grins and says sure but for that he'd need to have a drop of blood, using it he can see your date of death and prevent you from entering the timeline before it happens.

You can either agree to this and move forward or backward through time (but not in your lifespan) or you could just tell him to leave you alone. Oh but wait... he has one final message for you...

"If you desire I can trade places with you, then you'll live as a goblin and I as a human. But the powers you'll gain would be more than mere trivialities like time travel."

Do you ask more about this or ignore his new offer? What will you choose.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

2 "buck & ball" loads for my double-barreled 12 gauge, and some lemon pepper marinade to soak the sumbitch's haunches in...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually goblin is better marinaded in lousianna hot sauce with two small bottles of Tobasco sauce.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.