Is Patriotism slowing down Globalisation?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by thoth, May 28, 2002.

1. thoth Registered Member

In 200 years humanity will more than likely be living and being born on other worlds, patriotism to your country, your planet or your way of life and beliefs. Which will it be?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

it will be what its ALWAYS been

to your way of life

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

I actually think its the opposite. Globalisation does not have equal power relations. The so called 'western' world is imposing to create a transculture in the 'eastern' culture, which I asure you is nto by choice. Patriotism is collapsing DUE to globalisation. People are immargrating more than ever before. COunrties are become more and more diverse in terms of peoples 'ethnicity' and introduce culture that create these transcultures. Peoples beliefs are more arburtary than ever before because there is such a shift due to globalisation. - My opinion

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zero Banned Banned

Um, I do agree. Globalization is a cheap word that we use to mean 'Americanization of other countries' or 'conquest of other cultures and injecting our own'.

There will be no global culture. There will only be American businessmen with a deadlock on the world economy, with all other cultures obliterated with American greed and marketing.

8. Azrael Angel of Light Registered Senior Member

America has always had a tendency to force its beliefs and culture onto other nations, wether they want it or not. Patriotism is not bad, but blind patriotism like the kind we are seeing in the post 9/11 world is bad because people do not understand what it is that they are waving flags about, they just wave the flag to fit in and avoid being looked upon in a bad light.

9. Zero Banned Banned

True. A bit sad, but it is similar to the witch hunt era started by MrCarthy. That was insane. So was the actual Salem trials, sanctimonious nonsense is a poor cover for evil intentions and ambitions.