Mouse Spasms ( help me!!)

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by silvervayne, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silvervayne Registered Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

hi all,
    i have a problem with my laptop, my mouse flips out on me.

i dont know whats wrong with it.
    i have a laptop with a built in mouse, not the touch pad kind, but a little mini joystick button look alike stuck in the middle of my keyboard.
    its very cute.

well anyway, the problem is: when ever i try to move it it starts going crazy! not the typical "the mouse moves sloly to one part of the screen", i mean it starts making a stuttering noise, it opens a thousand things on its own, and eventually if i leave it alone for about a min, it will return to normal and wont flip out until a few minuets pass. then it happens again.

its pretty annoying. is there anything o can do?

hmm i should have stood out of those satanic websites... lol i think my computer has demons. lol laptop antichrist.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Welcome to sciforums, silvervayne.

First thing I would suggest is that you reload and update your mouse driver from the manufactures website.

You could either have a corrupted driver file or a conflict.

Learn the keyboard shortcuts for windows. There are about three pages of them. They allow you to work without a mouse and are actually faster than using a mouse. That way if you are in the position that you cannot use your mouse you are not stuck with what you have and no way to change anything.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. silvervayne Registered Member

thanks

hey thanks, argh, i think im going to try the second idea thou.... the shortcuts for windows.
    its going to be a hassle to hook up the network again if i reload.
    but eventually i guess thats the only thing left.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

You might want to check out www.virushelp.org, this site has a bunch of stuff to clean out TROJANS.

I mention this because I remember when I had a trojan running on my computer from a file someone sent me.

I was using my computer and while I was trying to access and FTP program, my mouse started to spasm, I would try to scroll the cursor away, and it would try and stay at one place, or the cursor would jerk off in a direction before being centred back again.

In truth this was due to the mouse driver being loaded twice and trying to parallel both me using the mouse and a third party illegally access my computer across the internet.

I got suspicious of it's movements, so immediately closed my net connection and ran a bunch of trojan removal programs.

You might even want to check out www.mlin.net for a program called STARTUP CPL (control Panel) if you load it to your system, you can actually turn off things that load up during startup. More than just the ones you can Kill with Ctrl-Alt-Del. This isn't a tool for removing trojans, but it can help you to turn them off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.