Lucent Technologies Orinoco (curious, i need answers)

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by silvervayne, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silvervayne Registered Member

Ok i'm curious about my network card. at my school we all have to carry laptops. a bonus to this, is that we're magcally hooked up to the internet!.
    I found out only a week after this magical thinking, that the way we all were wirelessly connected to the internet was because of a pc card tha was installed in our computers.
    this amused me and rose intrest, so i studied it more... and i found out a couple of things... the only thing that annoyed me was that the internet connection would be lost as soon as we wereout of range of the school buildodng...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

ok heres the thing:.... while i was at a friends house, very far away from my school, my laptop was "magically" connected to the internet! i was definatly out of range... but right there in her living room, i was chatting to god knows who for a whole 10 min. !

other friends have told me about there mysterious connections, like in a certain spot in a hotel, or in the car, on the highway...

im really confused, and would love for someone to explain...

sadly i cant seem to find my own mysterious conection in my own home...

i can only hope i find one soon... maybe its near my toliet, or near the kitty litter...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.