new fashion: HOMOSEXUALITY

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Nov 28, 2007.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

It seems to me that most of the kids that my children go to see with are either bi - sexual or homosexual, dont get me wrong i have nothing against homosexuals, and everyone is enetitled to live they're life has they feal right without predujice and anger.

But seriously it seems to me that majority of teenage kids are saying they are bi or gay because it is a fashion tag!

Most of the kids i know who say thay they are, are just that KIDS, ages 12/16 you dont know what you are at 12yrs old, you are still confused about your feelings and your body is changing, but why now all of a sudden does there seem to be a high number of children wanting to be bi or gay?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

As you say, probably just one of those idiotic 'fashions', like depression or food intolerances.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I know my son has a girl in his glass that says she is a lesbian. My son says "Yeah, Yeah, we don't care. Shut up already" She might as well be screming "Fight the Power!"
    Kids are trying to find themselves. Some choose this route to rebel, some really are.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

It's true, lots of teenagers are claiming to be bi just to be fashionable. Naturally, the majority of them aren't. They might be curious but not fully bi.

Another possibility is that your kids friends are the real gay crowd, not just the pretenders.

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

It's idiotic isn't it?

am I the only one who didn't go through that strange phase of needing to 'find out who you are'?

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

sexually I knew who I was. But I had issues with religion and morality.

10. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

when I was in school it was "cool" for guys and girls to claim they were bi, but it seemed to only happen when they got drunk. Its a stupid trying to be different but conform at the same time thing.

I would say 95% of the grow out of it

no one likes a faker

11. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Maybe they are bi. Who cares? Idiots.

12. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

way to be a douche

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Bells Staff Member

Or it could be that children are seeing a more tolerant society and no longer have to hide who they are. It could be that children today are less ashamed or afraid to tell others of their sexuality because more people understand now than they did in the yesteryears.

14. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

This is actually exactly what I was thinking.

They have been exposed to a lot more then we ever were as teenagers.
    With all the movies they have out now, and Tv Shows. It isn't so hidden away anymore like some big Taboo. But I don't think that is the only reason.
    I also think it does seem to have become something that is kinda cool. You know how kids are, when they think something is cool they all jump on the
    bandwagon.

15. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

picture this:

a boy of 13 goes to see his teacher, and he says, Mr Smith, i think i may be gay, and then the teacher saying well there is nothing wrong with that, if that is the way you feal then theres nothing that you can do about it.

---------------

what he shouldve said is,

Mr Smith, i think i may be gay, and then the teacher saying well your just 13 yearsold, and you have lots of time to decide what you are and what your not, there is nothing wrong with homosexuality but your body is going through some tough changes and its natural to be attracted to other boys

-----------------------------------

also i do think personally that homosexuality should not be taught in schools, ok they should broach the subject but not told that its a natural way to live your life.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

but for some children it will be natural. Should they be taught that it is unnatural?

17. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

How exactly does one teach homosexuality?

18. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no they should be taught that they are just children and they have lots of maturing to do, they're bodies tell them they like so and so but in fact they grow up to not like so and so

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Y'all are talking about "kids these days" as if this hasn't been around for a long time, at least since I was a teen.

And there's nothing wrong with having fun without the hassle and pain and general bullshit that men put you through.

20. Reiku Banned Banned

God i wish that was true when i was just at school... To be gay was like to have a sign on your head saying, ''Kick Me.''

I came out when i was sixteen. A few people had something to say about it, but i shrugged it off. Now everyone accepts it without question.

21. Bells Staff Member

For homosexuals, it is natural. Telling them it is not natural or teaching them that only heterosexuality is natural could further damage and/or inhibit the child, making them ashamed of who they are. You'd be making the homosexual students feel there was something wrong with them, when there isn't.

Homosexuality is not 'taught' in schools. One cannot teach homosexuality, just as one cannot teach heterosexuality. What should happen and often does, is that students are told there is nothing wrong with you if you happen to be homosexual.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

We've lived in the same town most of my kids lives. They have known their classmates since kindergarten. My daughter has a playmate that we just know is gay. (In my day we would have called him a sissy or a mama's boy.) If he should ever come out while in high school, I think he will be the last to deal with it. Nobody cares. Its how they've known him since kindergarten.

23. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

It seemed more like a fashion to me in the 70's as more and more gays came out following the legalisation of homosexuality.

I know realise that it wasn't a fashion, it was merely me showing my ignorance and bias towards a new, controversial and seemingly dangerous phenomenon. In those days, though I spoke as though I accepted gays and genuinely thought I was tolerant towards them, I had actually secretly resented them, a fact that hit home one evening when I witnessed 2 men kissing in passionate embrace, in the middle of the street. I got so angry that I wanted to run them over.

Well, time has mellowed my attitudes towards many things in this life and homosexuality happens to be one of them. I know it's a cliche, but some of my best friends are gay etc. It's true.

Since legalisation, 2 whole generations have appeared, and with each generation the stigma associated with homosexuality becomes less and less. Perhaps this newest generation is finally beginning to show full acceptance where the stigma is buried once and for all.