Erase humans from the Earth!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by John99, Nov 25, 2007.

1. John99 Banned Banned

Suppose every human were eliminated from the earth, the earth stays pretty much in its present form with no noticeable changes.

Is my understanding wrong to assume the there is belief that humans would in millions\billions of years would sprout up again.

If not then why?

Would it be because no species of ape is compatible\able to evolve to human form?

What would make some apes evolve and others not evole? What did otrher species of ape evolve into?

Are there some apes who are simply identical throughout their entire existance on Earth? This does seem to be the case, doesnt it?

Will the Earth ever see new human species via evolution?

if not then why?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

It would depend on how all the humans were eliminated, and what sort of organisms were left behind when we were gone.
    How do you eliminate humans leaving the Earth unchanged? That's a pretty tall order seeing as how we're all over the place (including under the oceans). Even the best human-only doomsday virus is going to leave a huge number of us around.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Humans are not the last stepping stone in evolution.

I say that because your post seems as if that's what you're thinking. Humans are evolving even as you're typing messages on this forum.

However, in answer to your question; If humans were eliminated, would the evolve again .....and my answer is I don't know, but I would sure hope not for the sake of all other living things that humans kill and harm, including the planet itself.

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

You don't even have an answer about something you are certain already happened but can say for sure that humans evolve as we type? That's interesting, when will we (not US personally) see this and what will a noticeable result be?

Shouldn't we preserve our present likeness? But i cannot see how we would not be aware of it, for sure.

8. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Because humans in their present form arrived by pure luck (whether good or bad luck is debatable). If you became a zygote again today, and grew up again in another family and another time, it would be unreasonable to expect you to be very similar to who you are today. Now just refine that experiment by postulating a different zygote too, and millions of years of life, having been 'brought up differently'. See?

9. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

And the above assumes, falsely, that even one creature would bee-bop along that even vaguely resembled humanity's closest common ancestor. Which in itself would take millions of years.

10. John99 Banned Banned

Thanks but i am not talking about changing hair color.

11. John99 Banned Banned

So what. First you are assuming the cahnge would take millions of years then you also assume rapid change. Dont you think that visible changes would be recordable and comparisons be made?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  12. John99 Banned Banned

Just for the sake of discussion. Disappear harmlessly, or not catastrophic to existing life forms.

13. Donnal Registered Member

Did the ahm prehistoric monsters come back????
    after elimination

14. Donnal Registered Member

ita a war between two entities
    life and death
    one is saying you can live eternaly through producing and eeping alive the subject
    the other is saying no it can be eliminated by permanent sleep or death
    anti and plain matter

15. Donnal Registered Member

imagine one brains usuage per day if u could measure it out
    it would be stretched out over the world same as ahmm telephone wires in the world
    imagine everyone brain usuage measured together then stretched out
    in one line it would create a worm hole
    i call it M

16. Donnal Registered Member

i dunno bout maths or formula's
    but the answers are in giun powder and the CR

and all my formula's i made my self were stolen
    the breaking down of plants and the animals and the CR and my M
    i have nothing to put on paper for u but to look at gun powder
    then you will know that what im saying
    i dont know your formula's cause i had to make my own up got books did my own work
    so id guess no one will prolly know what imyakkin bout
    but i do

17. Donnal Registered Member

china has been studying gun powder for alot longer than others
    and greeks have been studying gods for longer than anyone can member
    they have in museums a clay pot originaly held the white flickering thing
    like a bug that grew and caused devastation
    and there is a black flickering bug that caused goodness
    instead of looking at religeon i look at what their saying
    is pretty interesting
    and a jewish tribe believe their messiah is a woman and she cretes another world or planets and she comes back to help them and takes them to this new world
    very interseting how they study things scientists are learning now when its all there on rock or powder and in clay
    or whatever its on its there museums are really fun to go to and imagine
    any one can have a different answer to others
    but my idea of total wipe out is proly the oposite to devastation
    going by the greek myths
    life is hard to life and pain exists
    death has no pain to me and peace no wars no starvation
    guess everyone has an opinion on what erase means
    mine can go on and on
    but there is an end for everything nothing lives forever

18. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Another intelligent species might evolve, but the likelyhood of humans evolving again is infinitesimal. The conditions that led to our evolution no longer exist. Evolution does not follow just one path.

Consider the dinosaurs. For millions of years they ruled the earth. Then they died off. Have they evolved again? Will they? Very unlikely.

19. John99 Banned Banned

Wow, i guess Australia really is differnet.

Not sure i believe that though.

20. John99 Banned Banned

Ok.

Which conditions.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Zyxoas Registered Senior Member

Which conditions? Grassy plains in Northern Africa (now a big fat desert) is just one example.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

As soon as I see another T Rex walking around (millions of years after they went extinct) then I will think we will come back. Til then, NOPE!

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Humans will NEVER evolve again, for the simple reason that we are the only species in the Homo genus left. If we were removed no species in the Homo genus would be left here to evolve into humans again. Even if a species evolve to look exactly like us and exactly as intelligent it wouldn't be humans.

So the chance is ZERO.