Vostochny cosmodrome

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by blobrana, Nov 23, 2007.

1. blobrana Registered Senior Member

Hum,

"Russia will build a new cosmodrome on its own territory capable of handling human spaceflight, Russian media reports. President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree that clears the way for the construction of the new cosmodrome which will begin hosting launches in 2015."

Read more

The Vostochny (Eastern) cosmodrome will be built near Uglegorsk, where the Svobodny military cosmodrome was located. rough location is at:
    Latitude: 51°21'19.76"N, Longitude: 128° 8'17.11"E

Does anyone have the exact location?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

I checked it out on my Encarta map and it came out to Svobodny which is in Siberia about 600 miles north of North Korea.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

I checked it out on my Encarta map and it came out to Svobodny which is in Siberia about 600 miles north of North Korea.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. blobrana Registered Senior Member

Cool.
    But i need the exact Latitude and Longitude.

8. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

I shouldn't watch TV while here. I never even noticed you already had the name of the town yesterday. I checked the Lat and Long you gave and came up with south of the centre of Svobodny which is a fair sized city of 80,000+ people with rail and water connections. I should imagine within easy reach of the town. Google Earth has got into trouble for showing such places on their maps. Have a look around.