Passing off rants as philosophy

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by MetaKron, Nov 23, 2007.

1. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=74070

Tiassa said take it to "Free Thoughts", so here it is:

First, I would be a lot happier if the second-hand story that True Nemo put up had been written by someone who had a more mature and informed perspective on the whole thing. A lot of people develop this zero tolerance attitude towards wrongs that are done to them and want to use their zero tolerance as an excuse to be given very broad tolerance for their own misbehaviors.

I think that the rant that was reposted from a blog to sciforums was one of the whiniest things that I have ever written, and totally lacked insight that might have helped the writer to understand what actually goes on.

So what is funny about a feminist complaining about being hit by men? Feminists want to be allowed to kick men in the crotch, literally and figuratively, every time something irritates them. The rant wants to blame men for all of the ills in the world, failing to take into account the fact that men go to war to get time away from their women. The material is so worn out that it could have been written in 1965. I'm sure that women actually believe that the oppression that they think that they suffer under is entirely without reason. Bullies believe that their victims have no reason to retaliate, too.

Feminism is women wanting to hit men without danger of being hit back. It is they who are in possession of the cleft crotch wanting total immunity for any violence that they may want to inflict against the men who actually go out and earn money and bring home food. They have had forty years to prove to me personally that there is any substance to feminism beyond this. Instead I live in a world where it is a matter of principle to them to subject male children to any torture that they can muster up the energy to manage, to suck up to the more macho and powerful men in order to later take everything that they've earned, to leave a trail of misery behind them that makes men willing to commit slow suicide by alcohol and tobacco.

All through the essay, the question in my mind was, is this going anywhere? Maybe it's the fact that it doesn't that is so charming to some people. It's easy to read where the writer would be happy to just reverse the situation, as if it is not right for men to command women but it's perfectly fine for women to command men. She obviously trusts the judgment of women more, and frankly, I don't.

I think that the poster of that rant actually wanted some kind of consideration for the view of someone who was hostile, whiny, very prejudiced against men, and whose writing lacked content worthy of serious consideration. We've all heard it before. She's playing the victim, trying to make it look like philosophy, and promoting bigotry against men.

It's funny as hell when a woman kicks a man in the crotch for being a man, or because he worked two hours over to try to pay the bills, or because he doesn't want sex (who would?), or because she's going insane for the third time that week, then she expects him to do nothing back. You want something moral or ethical, have the woman live under the same conditions that she wants the man to live under. I no hit, she no hit. I go out and make money, she go out and make money. She tell me I no get sex if she has bug in ass, I tell her go fuck herself and we'll both be happy.

Please call me some kind of abuser or bigot or whatever some small brain can come up with. I've learned not to expect much Free Thought in the Free Thoughts forum either. Feminists beg for, kick for, punch for, and squash balls under stiletto heels for "equality." If I am allowed to slap her back when she slaps me, then she has her goddam equality.

Let's put it another way: Perform as well as men do, ladies, and earn recognition. Screaming at men, condemning us, going crazy on us, or lying on the couch using up money and space, these do not earn recognition. Getting angry with men for being recognized for doing something, or dismissing our accomplishments, also does not earn the kind of recognition that you want.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007