The Secret: The Law of Greed

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Reiku, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

Let us be logical about this. And humor me for a minute.

If the Secret works, and (i believe it does), then this is what has most probably deprived the Third World...

The Secret Law i feel is a law of greed. Think positive for anything you desire and this is (according to the theorists), sends signals out into the universe, and manifests this. But for years, it was kept hidden, used by top buisinesses and even professors of renown and old, and yet people wonder why this side of the world is so successful? Has the Secret actually drained the Third World of a proper development?

Reiku :m:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I believe it is possible to have things brought about by thinking, positively or negatively. And I don't mean simply that if you think positively, you make better choices and/or you tend to see things more positively anyway and have the appearance of being lucky, though I believe this is a big part of it.
    I believe your attitudes and your will and determination can influence subtle and unseen energies as well, though not always predictably or in a timely fashion. There are also unforeseen consequences. Ultimately, I would say that it is the content of your heart and the quality of your soul that both determines the desires and the outcomes of the desires. Those who are emotionally and spiritually advanced beyond the status quo animal aspect of humanity, or the vulgar masses, to put it bluntly, would probably not have riches and power at the foremost of their thoughts.

Perhaps this would explain why "top" businesses often have a dark side. Walmart makes a good living from prison labour in China, as do other businesses as well. Nike was successfully taking a couple dollars worth of materials, and dirt-cheap sweatshop labour, and then selling hundred dollar shoes. Halliburton has been quite successful in Iraq.
    Glamorous movie stars go through marriages and divorces with great frequency.

Are these people truly successful? Perhaps, but success has a price. Alot of them, the corporations especially, enrich themselves at the expense and sometimes death of countless others.

I don't know much about this "Secret" but I know that one's social and financial status is not a very accurate way of judging someone, and one should be wary of promises of easy success without strings. Decadence is around the corner, and evil is not far.
    Someone named Jesus once said that the wide road leads to death, and easy is the way. I think alot of the aforementioned "successful" companies have it awfully easy.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't this topic best fit in a philosophy thread?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Sub-Saharan Africa only a century back was little different from what it was back in the "Stone Age". I think we are expecting too much that the people should behave like westerners in certain respects over night. This of course is the same even to the leaders of countries where they struggle to recognise democracy and they try to amass as large a personal fortune as possible, grabbing the country's money and state aid.

In Nigeria, twenty years ago it was reported by the Daily Star (a British newspaper) that there were schools where Nigerians could learn to swindle the British Social Security system before emigrating to Britain. Third worlders have taken third world morals to the west where a police survey in England a dozen years ago showed that 85% of muggers were black (despite a far lower number than white people in the UK) and 80% of victims were white. Naturally the PC-idiots quickly censored this, but not before the newspapers had reported it.

8. Reiku Banned Banned

Hi. How are you today?