What the fuck, Seattle?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Xev, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Xev Registered Senior Member

No good goth/industrial clubs and you close your liqour stores at 8 PM ON A FRIDAY?

It's bad enough that I've a cold while I'm on vacation, but I was looking forward to drinking bourbon and tea until I could laugh hysterically at Bergman films.

What the hell do you people do without Jack Daniels after 8?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

smoke weed....hey xev, were still serving in my party thread

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

http://www.lostinseattle.com/LIS/-catlists/cat-liquorstore.html

As to Goth clubs, you could always go catch the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Neptune in the University District... assuming that they still do that... It's been a few years since I knew people who used to go down there.

Edit: Did a quick search and I don't think it does. Not that it matters, a gay movie isn't a goth club anyway.

Your best bet is to go to Pioneer Square. There are some decent clubs down there. It does get violent at times though.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

Sweet. I'm going to see Gwar tomorrow, assuming that I'm not feeling worse. Actually, fuck that. I'm going to see Gwar.

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Gwar's in town, eh? Never seen.
    I'm saving for Christmas anyway, so I'm doing nothing at all for the next month.
    Christmas is going to kick ass though. Can't wait.
    Mmmm.

Anyway, I digress.
    There used to be some cool heavy metal bars around, but goth was never a big thing around here as far as I know.

I've never been much into clubs anyway. I actually like a little conversation, strangely enough. Although I did go to a few clubs on Halloween with a special someone and that was kickass. Actually, the funnest night I've ever had, to tell the truth.

Anyway, I'm so out of date that most of the clubs that I do know (The Off Ramp, Crocodile Cafe, Rock Candy) are probably out of business. So, basically, I'm saying that I'm a loser.
    Heh.

Edit: Oh. One piece of advice, if you haven't done so already, pick up a copy of the Seattle Weekly. They're free and all over the place. You'll find ads for all the clubs in there.
    They're usually a pretty good read, too.

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

I didn't know you lived here.
    I'm visiting my family for the Thanksgiving, techically I'm in Redmond not Seattle proper.
    If I can find a decent metal bar I'd let you know.

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Yup. For now.

Redmond, eh? You'll never make it to the liquor store then. It's down by Safeco.

I work around the Redmond area usually. (Construction.)

Oh. I just remembered. Pioneer square. Most of the clubs are hip hop or whatever. But, the Phoenix Underground is a metal club. What's cool about Pioneer square is that the clubs all work together and you pay a cover for one and you can get into most of them with the same cover.

Anyway. Thing about metal clubs? You can't dance to metal. You can only convulse.

Now, meringue... That's dancing. Too bad I suck at dancing, but at least I try.

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

12. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

jack daniels is not a bourbon

I'm going to go now

13. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

True..it's sour mash....and is the #1 cause of rednecks loosing teeth.