Help with Speech Topic

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by EmpireSB, Nov 15, 2007.

1. EmpireSB Registered Member

Hi, everyone. I am currently suffering from a brain freeze, so I need some help with a persuasive speech topic about space. It doesn't have to be about space, but I'm a space nerd so that's why my theme is space. I thought about doing the moon landing hoax (I would try to persuade people that the U.S. DID land on the moon), but I think that be come off as informative rather than persuasive.. I really want to do that one, though. I also thought about doing life in space, should we go to mars?, and the existence of UFOs... Anyone have any suggestions for a good space topic for a persuasive speech? Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

[enc]moon[/enc]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

[enc]Moon landing conspiracy[/enc]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

How about the future of space telescopes? Next generation telescopes set in the LaGrange Earth Moon points (where gravity cancels out), in a row so we have a long base line, giving the effect of as much larger telescope. These could discover not just Earth like planets but possibly detect the exhalations of living things and even industrial pollution. As someone mentioned, they might even see huge areas of forest/vegetation. This will lead to proof that we are no longer alone in the universe. We can then set about contacting them with a view to reaching them one day, even at sub-light speeds.

8. Reiku Banned Banned

What do you know of astrophysics my friend?