Christmas!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Nov 12, 2007.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

Who here does anything special for christmas?

i have a family christmas with just me, my kids, my husband and my nephew, we all get together at about 4:00 in the morning and watch the kids open they're presants, and then after breakfast, which is always smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, i start cooking dinner, which is always the whole works, this year i have decided to cook, turkey, beef and lamb, so we can all decide what we want for ourselves. then after dinner while the kids are playing, we adults swap gifts.

what would be on your christmas list?
    what was your worst ever present?

i know what i am having this year, and its impossible to wrap it, and i am having it a few days before the holidays, i am having a new tattoo,

so how special is your christmas?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

We save plastic milk cartons all year, and on xmas eve we cut them to look like a scoop, put cat litter in the bottom, put a candle in the litter, line the drive and as much as the street we live on, and light them.
    It's cheap and pretty and neighbors have joined in. Its just pretty at night and it doesn't have a religious meaning.

We also mix dry oatmeal and glitter. The kids throw it all over the yard for Santa's reindeer. Yes, my 9 yr old still believes and the 16 yr old goes along with it. He has to if he wants anything in his stocking.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Doesn't your 9 yr old hear things at school though?
    Hasn't her friends explained to her that you are Santa?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yes, as soon as you quit believing in Santa, he no longer comes. Why would he? So then your parents have to take over, and parents don't have as much access to the good presents, so that is when the crappy presents begin.

8. Reiku Banned Banned

Ba Humbug.

I don't have anyone to settle down with this year... all very sad.

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

My 11 yr old knows there is no Santa. The 6 yr old still beleives, well he is getting suspicious of the whole thing. For the most part I think he still beleives, and my older one knows he better not say anything either!

I still do the whole waiting till they are asleep and eating the cookies and the milk. I chew up the carrots and leave a bit of a mess!! Those damn reindeers!
    And Santa for GODS SAKE clean your BOOTS next TIME! LOLOL

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

We got lucky one year. Xmas eve a branch fell on the roof of the house and rolled down. Santa had landed.
    There is also this site (www.noradsanta.org) that my daughter starts following xmas eve as soon as she wakes up.

11. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

christmas - we stay with some friends + family and get merry for the holiday we do not believe in

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I'm poor and I cant afford anything, but I do get to eat a bunch of cookies my mom makes and hang out with family whcich isn't so bad.

13. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

I still love christmas, its not as amazing when i was younger, but i still enjoy it. The only downside is that when my family gets together there's alot of tension and drama. I also love advent or christmas hymns despite not being religious at all.

14. Till Eulenspiegel Registered Member

Christmas was a lot more fun when the four kids were still living at home. Now that they are grown and have families of their own it is not quite the same. My wife and I go to church for a candlelight service on Christmas Eve and then come home and exchange gifts. On Christmas morning two of my children visit with their families. The other two live too far away, two and a half hours and four hours away respectively. They are now starting Christmas traditions of their own with their families.

I love Christmas. I love the religious aspect of it. I love the decorations. I love the music. I love buying gifts for loved ones..

15. draqon Banned Banned

my family goes to the mountains sometimes on Christmas...either to climb the Appalachian mountains or to snowboard it.