Is Britain well protected?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by kaneda, Nov 11, 2007.

1. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

It was revealed today that 5,000 illegal immigrants have been given important security positions in Britain. They work in the police, as security guards and as officers at ports and airports.

Can it get any worse? Check out tomorrow's newspapers.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. peta9 Registered Senior Member

You know what i think is funny, caucasians seem to think other people are such a threat and they are not. What if you were up against horrible monsters, then you would really have a problem on your hands. They don't really have the means or real intention to screw you over, have some compassion as we're stuck in this cycle of evolution and most are trying to do the best they can. These are people from humble backgrounds, human beings trying to make a life on this earth. Understand that first, even if they are very annoying right now.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I think you might argue that the British themselves also have the right to "make a life on this earth". If immigrants are not being screened for anything, many of them might well interfere with that right. Your assumptions are unrooted and prudence dictates investigation.

Sorry if that bothers you. You have this strange predilection for race in your comments. Insecurity?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

here in the usa. we created the tsa and bpa. fired everyone and rehired. documents were checked this time. are we safer? maybe, maybe not.can i say the risk have been reduced?
    perhaps, perhaps not.

hmm
    should i eat some crackers? or should i not?
    ooh, dilemma

8. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Actually, it doesn't bother me a bit. If people want to segregate totally, it would be ideal to me. At this point, i go with the larger flow as i'm just one person and it doesn't seem the trend and was the reason behind my comment.

Then why are they letting them in and not screening them? It doesn't make sense to me, which way do they want it?

9. Gustav Banned Banned

not some but "many"

very interesting choice of words
    how telling

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Stupidity would be my guess. They vet dogs but not people. Wise, indeed.

11. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

he meant all of them. All at once.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Not "will" but "might well".

I actually have little concern for how you think, Gus: but I'll clarify for the reading of people I actually respect. "Many" in my usage doesn't refer to the ratio of how many might be problematic, but is merely a raw number. For example: polls indicate "many" muslims in the UK are conservative reactionary freaks - but not a majority therein. This is the difference.

"Tell" away.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yes, exactly. And anyone who posts on internet forums, especially. Not to be trusted.

14. Gustav Banned Banned

you do not find it strange? why leave your country just to setup a ghetto in a foreign land? why leave and come to a place where no one wants you? i have zero sympathy for these fools. thank god our immigrants assimilate by the next generation. thank god we provide them the opportunity to do so

god bless america

if you have to suffer, suffer with dignity
    stay home

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I also add: "many" Christians in the US are also reactionary conservative freaks.

There. Is everyone happy now?

16. peta9 Registered Senior Member

i really don't know, i always found that interesting but never seriously looked into it. To me, the only reason is naivety or someone who is had it so bad at home they felt any other place was better.

i did have an interesting glimpse once from someone who told a story of how they were told that say america is a place where your dreams can come true and make a good life and found out their fantasies weren't totally true. They also weren't prepared for any racism probably because they hadn't experienced it before etc. So i would say some naivety is involved.

17. Gustav Banned Banned

crap. if it were so bad, the un would be there shipping grain and usda cheese (haha) and they would be called refugees.

thanks geoff
    knock em around some more

18. Gustav Banned Banned

you always hated me

/sob

why geoff why

19. peta9 Registered Senior Member

we're talking about individual perception and feelings, right? I just recall a story about a young south korean guy who was going to jump off a building and commit suicide because his visa to america was denied. Obviously he was struggling and dreamed of america. But for those who are doing well in thier country, of course they don't feel like him.

Realistically, while he was trying so desperately to leave, there are many who dreamed of going back home or went back home to thier country too. So it goes both ways. Everyone is different, in different situations and have different desires as well as thier perceptions.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

That's just not so.

I only hated you from the moment I became aware of you.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i sure hope brittain will flood or covered by a glacial sheet.

But first the netherlands.

22. peta9 Registered Senior Member

lol

23. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Yes I think it would be hilarious if all airport security jobs went to foreigners, grilling UK citizens on whether they packed thier own bags or harbour any ill feeling to this great country.