All seeing eye?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by GeoffP, Nov 11, 2007.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So, I know the Illuminati aren't really running the world, but what's with the all-seeing eye thingy on top of the pyramid on the American dollar bill? Anyone know? I keep getting the feeling it's looking at me.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

it can only work if you have dollar bills on you and they are out of your pocket.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. peta9 Registered Senior Member

it's uncle sam and he wants you, what else?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, there are many people that want me. I suppose it's reasonable.

Come on, now: why is it on there?

8. peta9 Registered Senior Member

If we want to get all psychelojical about it, let's analyze and conjecture. Hmm..the pyramid is a structure that reaches toward the heavens, the eye is located at the top and it's watching everything. Possibly a metaphor for american supremacism and paranoia all at once. LMAO.

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

If you don't know, don't post.

I'm taking my money in the shower with me, so that it can watch me masturbate.

10. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I'm told that it represents the Illuminati. Who are running the world.

11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Seal_of_the_United_States#Reverse

The 1782 resolution adopting the seal describes the image on the reverse as "A pyramid unfinished. In the zenith an eye in a triangle, surrounded by a glory, proper." The pyramid is conventionally shown as consisting of thirteen layers of blocks to refer to the thirteen original states. There are also thirteen sides shown on the ribbon. The adopting resolution provides that it is inscribed on its base with the date MDCCLXXVI (1776) in Roman numerals. Where the top of the pyramid should be, the so-called Eye of Providence watches over it. Two mottos appear: Annuit Cœptis signifies that the Eye of Providence has "nodded at (our) beginnings."[1] Novus Ordo Seclorum, freely taken from Virgil, means "a new order of the ages". It is incorrectly rendered as "New World Order" by some theorists, and "a new secular order" by others. The word seclorum does not mean "secular", as one might assume, but is the genitive (possessive) plural form of the word saeculum, meaning (in this context) generation, century, or age. Saeculum did come to mean "age, world" in late, Christian, Latin, and "secular" is derived from it, through secularis. However, the adjective "secularis," meaning "worldly," is not equivalent to the nominative plural possessive "seclorum," meaning "of the ages."[2]. The reverse has never been cut (as a seal) but appears, for example, on the back of the one-dollar bill.

The all-seeing eye was a well-known classical symbol of the Renaissance. The eye in a triangle design originally was suggested by Pierre Eugene du Simitiere, and later heraldist William Barton improved upon the design. In Du Simitière's original sketch, two figures stand next to a shield with the all-seeing pyramid above them. The August 20, 1776 report of the first Great Seal Committee describes the seal as "Crest The Eye of Providence in a radiant Triangle whose Glory extends over the Shield and beyond the Figures."

[edit] Abstract of all elements counting thirteen
    In honor of the fact that there were originally thirteen States in the Union, items consisting of this number is a common motif in the seal. There are:

13 stars (in the crest)
    13 stripes
    13 arrows in the eagle’s talon
    13 letters in the mottos "e pluribus unum" and "annuit coeptis" (apparently coincidental; there are 52 letters on the whole seal, which is itself evenly divisible by 13)
    13 olive leaves (by custom, not by law)
    13 olives on the branch (by custom, not by law)
    13 brick levels of the pyramid (by custom, not by law)
    13 sides showing on the ribbon (by custom, not by law)

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Providence

The Eye of Providence or the all-seeing eye is a symbol showing an eye surrounded by rays of light or a glory, and usually enclosed by a triangle. It is sometimes interpreted as representing the eye of God keeping watch on humankind (see Divine Providence).

United States
    In 1782 the Eye of Providence was adopted as part of the symbolism on the reverse side of the Great Seal of the United States. The Eye, however, was first suggested as an element of the Great Seal by the first of three design committees in 1776, and is thought to be the suggestion of the artistic consultant, Pierre Eugene du Simitiere.[1]

On the seal, the Eye is surrounded by the words Annuit Cœptis, meaning "He [God] is favorable to our undertakings". The Eye is positioned above an unfinished pyramid with thirteen steps, representing the original thirteen states and the future growth of the country. The combined implication is that the Eye, or God, favors the prosperity of the United States.

Perhaps due to its use in the design of the Great Seal, the Eye has made its way into other American seals and logos, notably the Seal of Colorado and DARPA's Information Awareness Office.

14. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

It all sounds well dodgy to me.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

:shrug:

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I was convinced it was all bollocks with the first one and then not bollocks with the second. I wonder if this Simitiere has connections to something, somewhere, like, say, evil. That would be telling.

17. peta9 Registered Senior Member

I think I hit the nail on this one. I bank my money on good ol' paranoia. LOL

18. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Of course it's evil, it's a peeping tom.

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

It says it's about God.

Silly bunt.

20. peta9 Registered Senior Member

What's a bunt? I'm sorry I wasn't around in the nineteenth century.

I don't care what it says, it could all be lies. I say it's evil. That eye is intrusive, judgemental and dang mean. It wants to control me.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Possibly. But the $1 bill can't see so well with jism in it's eye, I find. Although the bus driver is probably going to give me the evil eye come Monday.

22. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Given two facts:

1. That the Illuminati exist only inside the heads of the feeble-minded and;

2. At the time the design was made, people were still very big on symbolism,

it stands to reason that the information given in Wikipedia is probably quite accurate.

23. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Accurate, yes. But dodgy. Well dodgy.