Genpets Buddy

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by shorty_37, Nov 9, 2007.

1. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Don't these things look weird?

www.genpets.com

Genpets Bioengineered Buddy
    I saw a story over at artful visions about these weird little cute creatures called Gen Pets. They're supposedly living toys that you have to care for.
    Everything looks very believable as there's a website with plenty of information about Genpets and what they do. I was almost tempted to purchase one (the website says they are coming soon), but I looked into it a bit more and found that they're the work of an artist.
    They remind me very much of the weird works by the Australian artist Patricia Piccinini, but they're actually by the Canadian artist Adam Brandejs. He has also made a strange flesh shoe!
    Anyway, he is actually trying to say something about bioengineering and how the technology could be used in the future..
    The artist says on his website "I don’t ever want to be confused for as a crazy activist, nor do I want to appear as endorsing this technology. Bioengineering could lead to medical breakthroughs that save lives, but will it? This is more a critique of corporate ethics than of technological ethics."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

While the Genpets hang on the store shelves they are in a form of hibernation. Each Genpet™ package has a special nutrient feeding tube attached to it, supplying our specially formulated mix and keeping them healthy and asleep.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

Gotta be a hoax.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Perfect for the kid with allergies. Reminds me of that robot Boxey had on the original Battlestar Galactica

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

Crap, now i want one for Xmas

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Can I grow it at home?