Life is Tragedy

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Nov 2, 2007.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

There's so much to live for, but so very little possibility to do it.... Unless you are born rich, there's very little you can do to actually enjoy life. Even if you try to climb the ladder, there are many ways you can fall. You cannot rely on ANYONE nor ANYTHING. Even if you put money in your bank, it might not be there tomorrow (it happened with me and someone I know)!!! The only way you can have ANY kind of "security" in life is if you stash some money below your pillow, or even better, a safe in your house. Even then, the currency can collapse, and the money become completely worthless!!!!

It's just really tragic that the whole world suffers for no reason.......... :shrug:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

TruthSeeker...society is not you...and you are not society. Society offers fruits with slow releasing cyanide. You create hell and heaven, Gods and demons, make yourself rich and poor...in every sense one can be rich and poor.

Happiness is satisfaction and satisfaction comes from desire which in turn is that which brings pleasure. And the only way we want this pleasure is because we had tried it before, because others made an example for us to follow. Happiness is just behind consciousness door...realize what is blocking it and be free.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

I dunno...
    I'm just a poor dumb Polack, but I still got laid plenty of times, had a lotta laughs, and feel I have had more satisfaction in life than - say... those two fairly "well off" punks that were so desperately in search of a thrill that they felt compelled to shoot up Columbine High.
    I mean - I remember reading they were raised in half a million dollar homes... wanted for nada...
    Where'd that get 'em ?

Repeat after me...

The World is my ash~can,
    I shall not want...

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Sure. Me too. But how about surviving? How much of your time does that take?

They were losers, that's why. Having all their needs taken care of and then screw up like that.... :bugeye:

9. draqon Banned Banned

Truthseeker...and what say you of my words? to not be taken lightly.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Waaaaait! I'm getting there....!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

How about a poor person in africa? Their lives are not tragic? They can't do much to change their circumstances!

It's not just happiness and desire. It's NEEDS. Survival. How can you be happy if you can barely survive?

12. draqon Banned Banned

Poor person in africa knows no other life but their own. Judging from their own perspective their life is as it should be. Judging from your perspective that is not the case...but this is your life and it is their life.

You can be happy if you realize that happiness is in everything...it is in pain as well. Happiness can be gained from everything and death is as sweet as life, and pain is as wanted as pleasure. Walking on stones of fire is not just a lesson for the body but mainly for the mind that deals with physical pain in a way that changes it to satisfaction. Desire can be self forcefully forgotten, release all images of need and associate them with undesirable.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Take for instance pleasure and "pain" (pain in the sense of discomfort, as well). I don;t know about you, but when I feel pleasure, it is just a momentary feeling. When I feel pain, however, it last a looooong time. Here's an example. When I'm cold, I'm in "pain", right? So I go below some sheets, and suddenly feel really nice (pleasure). But then, my body gets used to that temperature, and now that sensension goes away and I start feeling uncomfortable again! You see.... pleasure doesn't stay for long, but pain does.

I'm not being negative or anything. I'm just stating the facts....!

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

It does't matter. They are still in pain. They would be in greater pain if they knew there is a better life, but that doesn't make their situation painless!

Yes, and what's your resolution for that! Sounds pretty painful to me...

I agree death can be sweet.... pain!? Are you masoquist or something!? LOL!!

So you are saying you can do that and most people can do that? You are saying that I'm not the norm? Can you prove that?

But that's just tricking the mind. The body, in the other hand.....

15. draqon Banned Banned

Truthseeker...I have experienced pain for a very long time and than I just forgot about it and dreamed a dream to self, and dream had made me happy. And next day when the pain returned, evoked in me the happiness it did. My soul sang, my heart beat faster, my eyes have glimmered in the sun, and I knew than that pain became my pleasure, and that my dream has come.

16. draqon Banned Banned

tricking the mind is just changing perceptions for the mind to follow. There is nothing wrong with following illusions when all that is around us is as illusions coming forth from others.

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Man! You're cheesy! LOL!!

So if I take a saw and saw off your arm you can pretend you have no pain and you still have an arm!?!?!!? LOL!!!!! :roflmao:

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Where's Baron Max...? He would agree with me.....

19. draqon Banned Banned

yes...that is true. Such can go to the extremities you described.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Let's try it! :jason:

21. draqon Banned Banned

It is an extremety TruthSeeker. Only under extreme circumstances will such an act be justifiable, you have not given me a justifiable need to do such an act...thus this is wrong.

22. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

TS, life is exactly what YOU make of it. I've known several families that just barely got by yet some of them were among the happiest people I've ever known. It's all a matter of attitude.

My own life fit that category as well. My parents split up when I was four and my brother and I lived in a small house with our mother and grandmother. It was my grandmother's house and she lived on a WW-I vet's pension of $98 a month. We received no help from our dad - none - and mom worked for minimum wage.

We wore out out clothes and shoes. When we got new ones, the shoes and jeans were always way to big for us so we could "grow into them." BUT - we were also very content and happy just from having each other. No TV, just one small, old radio. No movies, not much of anything else - but we were still quite happy. We learned to appreciate what little we did have and to always look on the brighter side of things. We had food, clothes and place to live - and were thankful for that.

But after reading what you've written, I can see that you are the type that would never be happy/satisfied no matter HOW much you had. I've also known others just like you. Generally complaining, constantly looking on the dark side of things, full of envy of others and always wishing for more. You have a poor attitude and aren't likely to ever improve it unless you become a lot smarter and learn to appreciate what you DO have.

23. draqon Banned Banned

Read-Only...Truthseeker has humor, you can see that, right?