Speaking of electronic thingys

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Looney, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Looney Whaaaaat? Registered Senior Member

I want to buy an ipod. I am starting to feel really silly when I go out running with my clunky walkman which I have had for decades. The problem is I don't know what to do with one once I get it. How do you get music into it? Do I have to download it from my computer? Is that what most people do? Which is the best and least expensive (legal) place to obtain music on the net?:shrug:I admit I'm a dunce with this sort of thing.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. peta9 Registered Senior Member

I have a creative zen. All you have to do is plug it into your computer and download whatever you want. Depending on the size of the drive, you can download movies as well. I don't know if it's legal but i've used kazaa before.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Looney Whaaaaat? Registered Senior Member

I heard kazaa is full of viruses.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. maxg Registered Senior Member

emusic is pretty cheap and they'll give you 30 free songs the 1st time you sign up--I like the selection but you're not going to find a lot of top-40 stuff if that's what you're looking for. I don't have an ipod (I like to be able to hear what's going on around me when I'm out and about).

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

ipods use itunes software which manages multimedia files on your computer. The software is used for all uploading, deleting, editing playlists, etc.