Obesity and Abuse

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Orleander, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

OK, I think its abusive to keep indulging an obese person, who can no longer walk or leave their bed.
    But people say, they are adults, they can say "I'm not going to eat 2 pizzas, 6 eggs, 3 bowls ice cream, etc" so don't bring it to me.

So cutters and alcoholics...if their spouse kept them supplied with razor blades and whiskey is that ok as well?
    Its illegal to aid someone in a suicide, how is this any different?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

First of all, I don't think indulging a morbidly obese person is a good idea. They could practically live off their own body fat! Secondly, aiding someone in suicide is a crime. Generally, people who commit suicide are mentally ill with clinical depression or are delusional, get them to a mental institute ASAP!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Have you heard about feeders ? It's disgusting..

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Why? Registered Senior Member

You could also lose some fingers if you get to close!

8. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Do freak show owners count?

9. Looney Whaaaaat? Registered Senior Member

The person enabling the obese relative must be getting some kind of weird benefit out of it. Maybe they are trying to keep the obese person incapacitated for some reason. Maybe it is preferable to the person screaming endlessly for more food. It must be a horrible situation which can only end badly. I heard a story not long ago about a person who had literally grown into the couch due to not being able to get up, subsequently developing bed sores and had to be cut out of the couch. Gross!

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

It's not helpful, but it does contribute to Father Darwin's great plan.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I know of one woman who underwent liposuction because her husband wanted her to look a certain way. She came to me for dietary advice after her surgery went bad and she developed an aggressive reaction to it. There was inch thick deposition for one inch on both sides of her surgical cuts.

12. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

That's a controversial subject there.
    One one side, you are being a person concerned for their well being and are just trying to do a good job by helping a fellow human or loved one out. On the other side, they are old enough to know what they are doing and if they want to ruin their body/end their life, it's their prerogative.
    And what about people with terminal diseases that don't want to live the rest of their (possibly) short lives in misery?
    What about those people who sign a statement that tell their loved ones to pull the plug if they ever become a vegetable? Terry Schiavo comes to mind. Look what a mess that was.
    I've already told all my relatives, if I become a vegetable, don't even think twice. Yank it. I don't want to live in a state of dead mind like that.
    "What if they pull the plug and then medicine comes out with a cure shortly after they pull the plug?"
    -I'd rather not wait around for something that 'may' or may not happen.

People who commit suicide are already dead. They don't need to go anywhere but the morgue. LOL

13. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Like I say.....Just smother me with a pillow.

14. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

*smothers short_37 with pillow*

15. Xev Registered Senior Member

That would be the opposite end of the spectrum. What about people who have risky plastic surgery? Having your bones shaved, broken and set carries its own risk of infection. Wouldn't it be just as "abusive" to encourage someone to get plastic surgery?

What about teasing your friends for not keeping up when you're drinking? Or ordering rich foods for someone who is dieting?

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, so what's NOT abuse?

17. Xev Registered Senior Member

Shit, I'm trying to get down to my target weight after my knee has finally healed, and my boyfriend goes and orders me french fries and a gyro. Apparently that's abuse.

(Granted, I was drunkenly demanding the gyro and threatening to "eat the damn thing right off a lamb")

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm just uncomfortable with the labeling what people do, if they are both consenting. What if someone wants to be fat? Is it illegal? After all the whole society is geared to encouraging consumption. What next? Shopaholics?

Its like moving slow gear into totalitarianism.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Are you allowed to whipe their ass? Or is that abusive too?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  20. Xev Registered Senior Member

Yup. People either find someone to feed them to the point of obesity, or they let the corporate media do it. But then, since freedom scares them, they find someone to blame besides themself.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

22. Xev Registered Senior Member

"Some people are aroused by the appearance of male breasts ("man boobs"), caused by the presence of fat under the chest, known as psuedogynecomastia."

Where's Sargentlard when you need him?

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

:roflmao: