How Far Do They Want Us To Fuckin Go?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Reiku, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

Just heard on the news...

''Reporters suggest that eating your left overs will help the world.''

I mean... for fuck sake... what next... use bath water twice...???

:bugeye:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

??? You don't eat leftovers??

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

we fry them up over here and its called bubble and squeak! but with a bit of ketchup its ok!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

When I was a kid.......we ate left overs, for left overs lol

8. Reiku Banned Banned

Yeh... it left overs... sure... but wha if you don't fancy it twice?

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

turn it into something else.
    meatloaf into spaghetti or chili or tacos

10. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

hey shorty

i ho0pe all is ok

me too, however io still eat left overs!! My wife and i really try not to throw any food away.

~~~~~~~
    cheers
    zak

11. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

hmmmm!, refer previous post" Why do English and American foods taste like crap"

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I only cook what I can eat at the time I prepair it, I have no leftovers.

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

well in my honest opinion welsh dishes are the best! but i dont like american food to much, i cant understand why people will jump through hoops to get a taco!

14. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Well tonight we are having leftover Roast that I made last night.
    If it is big like a roast or whole roasted chicken or turkey, then there are leftovers. Then I might make Chicken wraps or something for my lunch the next day. I really do try to cook something different everyday though.
    Some things just don't work well as leftovers, it tastes like crap the next day.

15. Reiku Banned Banned

I just think its unfair.

They have gone to remarkable lengths to tell us to cut down on gas, water and even using your car, and even to the extent of bioling your kettle... I mean... now its use your food twice?

I understad that most food can be used twice... but here is a solution:

DON'T BE GREADY BASTARDS AND OVERFLOW YOUR PLATES.

Simple.

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

but....if you ahve kids and they dont eat everything and its mostly veggies then frying them up and serving with salad is a way to go!

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I eat leftovers, I just don't see how it would help the world..

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I don't know about you guys, but my mom used to cook the crap out of everything!
    The vegetables were cooked almost to the point they were colourless! I remember coming home and the house smelling like cabbage....an awful lot! She used to make some kind of European stew a BIG pot of it!

Yuk!! I can't handle the smell of cabbage now.

Think of that for LEFTOVERS....I barely could it the first time around.

And those EUROPEANS waste nothing!

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

Bubble and Squeak Recipe & Cooking Instructions

Cooking this dish is easy, you’ll need the following ingredients:

- Approx 1lb of left over boiled, mashed or roasted potatoes

- Approx 1/2lb - 1lb of left over cabbage or brussel sprouts

- A little butter or oil

- salt and black pepper if desired.

(you can adjust the quantities in your recipe for bubble and squeak to suit your personal taste as desired, some people like half as much cabbage as potatoes, some like half and half.)

Now, either mash, or rough chop the potatoes…personally I use left over roast potatoes and rough cut them into bitesize chunks but traditionally you mash the potatoes. Chop or break up the cabbage into bitesize pieces too and mix both these together, adding a little salt or pepper to the mixture if desired.

Then, add a little oil or butter to a frying pan or skillet and heat on a medium heat.

When the oil/butter is heated, add the cabbage and potatoes and form into a patty and let cook.

You might hear the distinctive squeak which gives bubble and squeak half of its name around this point. The ‘bubble’ part probably comes from the first stage of cooking the potatoes and cabbage which are typically boiled.

When the bottom of the patty turns a golden brown colour you’ll need to flip it over to cook on the other side…and then, you’re done.

Bubble and Squeak is typically served with cold meats (more leftovers from Sunday Lunch) and pickles as an evening meal but is also often served with breakfast with eggs, baked beans, fried tomatoes, sausages, bacon, and perhaps black pudding…a typical fry-up with the bubble and squeak replacing the potatoes or hash browns.

Alternative Bubble and Squeak Recipes

There are lots of alternative ways to cook this very versatile dish. Traditionally, although this has been phased out, the left over cooked beef used to be minced up and added to the Bubble and Squeak and this is still an option you can try. You can also add corned beef or bacon bits for a little extra flavour.

Although cabbage is the traditional vegetable used to partner the potatoes in bubble and squeak, you can also use brussel sprouts, or a combination of other vegetables. Throwing a finely chopped onion into the mix adds a little extra flavour too as will throwing in a few of your favourite herbs and spices.

Experiment, it’s fun…and of course, you do not need left overs to make this dish either, just boil the cabbage and cut into pieces and boil and mash the potatoes and away you go. It’s just more traditional with le

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I think they mean instead of throwing away the food that you don't eat

when your done eating a meal.

21. Reiku Banned Banned

And what about supermarkets? They waste so much more food than a handful of average families?

This is totally pointless!

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I know, but how is it going to help the world ? What the fuck is the difference between some food in the garbage can and some more shit in the toilet ?

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

OH GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!! read my post above yours

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!