Why don't we get people to push turbines

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Non-Logical-Idea-Guy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

Didn't know which science forum to put it in so ehre it is.

Why don't we get numerous people to rotate a massve lever that inturn turns a turbine much like a wind turbine, the people would obviously get paid and it''d increase employment, that would cut don co2 emissions.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

It's Manual Labour..Would work if you could sell it, but the insurance cost would be discouraging..
    as for Co2 emissions.. I don't know, doesn't the human body breathe out CO2 and at faster rates when we're tired/working ?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

i think compared to fossil fuels it'll be much better, i think you could get paid minimum wage on an hourly basis with free medi care, although the NHS already provides that. however, we should try to encourage people to try and do it full time so we don't get influxes of energy and then no one doing it in the summer ^^ to do this we could offer them higher salaries or promotions - whatever that would lead to lol.

Considering in England 1 in 5 children is coming out of education with absolutely no qualifications I think enough people would do it if the money and advertising was right ;D

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Use it to store energy in back up storage facilities or use it as a recreational activity.. I'm still not sure about the science, but if you can do a small scale test..

8. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

I dont see what new science is involved - think of a wind turbine and how that works, then just imagine a large rotary pole in its axis that say 10 people or so can push

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

if theres no problems with this i think i should email the united nations...

10. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

alas no1 cares about saving the planet, they are too busy looking at vardas spiders..

11. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

yep just carry on looking at those spiders...

12. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

mmm...

Spiders...

PAID ??!!

Devil take that idea.
    If it were to be done I say chain prisoners to the spokes of a big wheel and force' em to push the thing round and round. I guess you'd have to be humane and let 'em do it in shifts, but it would be a way to get some return out of the cost of housing & feeding their degenerate arses.

Plus, we could stop deporting illegal aliens, and instead trundle 'em off to the "generator jails" for - ah, hell - why not just life sentences doin' the old push, push, push...
    That way they could never sneak back in.

In any case, while I'm no scientific genius or anything, I suspect the amount of electricity that could be generated would be insufficient to meet any large-scale need. I could be wrong, of course... the USA, for example, has hundreds of thousands of people in prison. That'd be a whole lotta pushin'.
    But sure as the Devil's red you'd have groups like the ACLU screaming bloody murder about how forcing criminals to do the work would be perpetrating a grotesque cruelty on these "poor misguided souls".

I'm all for just going "nukular" instead.

13. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

i don't see how it isnt humane, its just community service, its not like there gonna be pushing 24 hrs a day anyway - i agree with you on the prisoners however I'm not sure if that would produce large enough amounts to fit all our needs, i think people should also beable to do it for minimum wage if they want to.

It wouldn't be slavery, it would be a civilised work place , we wouldnt have people whipping their bare backs or anything ^^

14. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

I'm up for nuclear myself however most governments are too afraid of the waste, this is effectively an infinite energy source with no repprocussions other than a hell of a lot of strong people ^^

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What would this turbine be moving anyway?

16. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

oh for electricity

17. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

not just gonna get people to randomly push turbines for fun

18. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

I believe the idea is that the whole wheel/turbine setup is an electric generator.

oops... too late.
    :shrug:

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why not?

20. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

well we aint gonna pay them for that anyway

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They couldn't generate enough power. I lived in a vacation house where you pumped your own water with a stationary bicycle, and it took a good 10 minutes to build up enough pressure to make breakfast. You would need hundreds of people for every household you're supplying.

22. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

how much free space is there in africa??? cuase could we just put up shit loads of solar pannels there?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Losses from the transmission lines would be too great.