50,000 hits!

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by bloodhound31, Oct 27, 2007.

1. bloodhound31 Registered Member

A.S.I.G.N. Observatory has just clocked over 50,000 hits!

It's all thanks to my great friend Ron of www.aussiepeople.com.au

When I first started the website, using a pretty ordinary default template, I managed around 5000 hits in a year. Since Ron came along, enhanced my site, gave it a bit of a makeover it has turned over another 45,000 hits in 8 months!

I also would like to thank everyone on the forums. The great people I have met here, who gave me advice, encouragement and just general interest have all contributed to a site that has become a runaway train of ideas and ideals, resources and inspiration.

God bless and thank you, one and all!

Baz.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

I have to admit to a great inertia over practical astronomy and could do with an observatory myself. By time I get my telescope out, let it cool down, set it up, etc and then carefully brush the moisture off of the mirror, I've lost a lot of interest in it. I've read of these heroes whose faces stick to the telescope tubes because it is so cold and such. It must always be a disappointment to first time observers that what they see is nothing like the professional photos and their photos are rarely like what they see in the early days.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. bloodhound31 Registered Member

Sam, I would encourage you to go to the effort to build one! It is just as rewarding to have built it as to use it.

Let me compare the obsession of astronomy to any other obsession e.g. fishing...you have great fishing trips...and you have disastrous fishing trips.... the bad trips where nothing goes right and everything challenges you, doesn't stop you from going out fishing again does it?????

Take heart all, astronomy is not always easy, but when you get it right, it's all worth it!

Baz.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thank you Baz. I am no astronomer, but I love the pictures you share with us.

Please keep them coming.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. bloodhound31 Registered Member

Just waiting for the clouds to clear....but we need the rain......:bawl: