Best way to kill?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by spuriousmonkey, Oct 22, 2007.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Hi!

in the lab animal journals and ethical committees there are hot debates going on on the best method to kill lab animals!

Basically there are two options.

1. gassing!

2. cervical dislocation (breaking the neck).

What do you think is the best method!?!?!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

brake the animal's hearts...after petting them and hugging them and feeding them...just run away from them and they will die in sorrow.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

that will do the trick of course, releasing them. They can't usually survive outside the animal facility.

but the idea is that you do some kind of experiment on them after they die. that would be a bit tricky if you do not know where they are.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Freeze them.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Isn't that painful?

9. vslayer Registered Senior Member

if the research was absolutely necessary then i would vote for gassing, as the most pleasant way for them to die. i strongly oppose any animal experimentation however on moral grounds, for the same reason i dont kill them for food i do not believe they should be killed for science.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

ha. I see that you never gassed an animal in your life.

Let me describe what it really is like.

Gassing

You fill a bucket with CO2. You dump the animal in it. It panics. You can hear it jumping and trashing. Not too long though because soon it succumbs to the lack of oxygen. It didn't die though. No. Now it is lying on the floor of the bucket desperately trying to inhale. At the same time they let go of their feces and urine. Put enough mice in the bucket and they will be literally swimming in a soup of excrement.

After a minute or two you can take them out of the bucket.

Since they still might recover you now take a pair of scissors or something hard and long. Put it on their neck, press down and yank their tail. crack. Deader than dead.

cervical dislocation
    It requires more skill than gassing.

You take a mouse by the tail. you put it on a surface. put the scissors or a suitable object in the nape of its neck and you yank the tail. Deader than dead.

I know a guy who yanked so hard the head came off. That was gross.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

And it is all perfectly legal btw.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Put them up your ass!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

With mice you can get away with that, but rats will just eat their way out.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The smaller rats wouldn't, they wouldn't last 5 seconds with your gaseous ways!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Nah, they are vicious little bastards, rats. They do nothing the whole day then to sharpen their teeth and plan ways to take a chunk out of you. They will probably first chew a ventilation hole or something. They are really f*cking smart!

16. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

I've got another idea for another joural, on the best ways of killing students who seem to have nothing better to do with there time but debate the best ways of killing animals.

Your lab journals might explain how in this century humans are still dying of cancer, and super bug bacteria infections.

It seems egg heads spend there days debating the best ways of killing frogs, chickens, monkies, reminds me of a team of scientists which spent months watching the movements of ants, i have come to the conclusion scientists are a bunch of bullshitting egg heads who spend all day doing anything inane.

I always like these statements they make " all cancers will be curable in five years" ive been hearing that whopper for the last 25 years, usually some publicity starved scientist come up with it because of some pathetic work he done, which a bricklayer could shred to pieces in a week as another con, just who are they kidding?

17. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Isnt that the point?

18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Best way to kill, I'd go for the neck, at least its slightly more dignified than gassing.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

hei buddy!

I have to warn you here. James R doesn't like it when you use words such as bullshitting and pathetic.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

yeah, but the thing is on paper gassing seems more dignified. Because the act of breaking the neck looks rather gruesome when you see it. Hence usually the preferred method is gassing!

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

22. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What about lethal injection?

23. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

But the feeling of your insides expelling..... well, If the paper looks good you get funding..so make it look good.
    Gas them to death through laughing gas .. if thats possible.