Zanzibar

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Sock puppet path, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Tips, things to see? First time venturing to africa for me.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

Don't take the dog that looks as though its been turned inside out. I've heard they find them very delicious!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

I've always dreamed of going to Zanzibar. It is, as I'm sure you know, a legendary place. Pick up some spices (mainly cloves) when you are there: their flavor and inexpensive prices are legendary on Zanzibar. Also, don't sleep with any hookers, even the pricey ones are supposed to be ceptic as hell.

Have fun. Get a tan.

~String

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Yes cloves for sure I'm eyeing an historical spice route excursion. No worry on the hooker front I am going with the wife and never have and never will find the idea of sex with a hooker enticing.

8. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Dog=not on menu.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Reiku Banned Banned

Neh... it's supposed to be beautiful. Slightly jealous...

10. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanzibar
    Zanzibar is a conservative, Muslim society

Zanzibar criminalised gay and lesbian sex in 2004 [1] [2]. In September 2006, a radical Islamic group on the archipelago, Uamsho, forced organizers to abandon plans to mark the 60th birthday of musician and Zanzibar native Freddie Mercury, (late lead singer of the rock group Queen), saying he violated Islam with his openly gay lifestyle.

Well gay sex is of your menu thats for sure, no lebian orgies for the wife, and no gay old times for you neither, that is i am assuming you may have a open mind on sexual matters? I mean alot of modern day married people get it on with anyone & everything these days.

And if you like Queen Freddie Mercury , dont bring any of his albums to listen to on the beach, or else you might find yourself in prison.

"Zanzibar is a conservative, Muslim society"

Well what can i say you picked a muslim country for your holidays, pointers?

keep the wife well covered up even on the beach, even if the temperature exceeds 40c, otherwise well i dont need to go there, i am sure your quite aware of what muslim states think of women showing a bit of leg.
    No alchohol, stick to coca cola.
    Dont gather in crowded places where westerners might frequent.
    Be prepared to be woke up every morning at 5 am with megaphones on every street corner telling muslims to wake up for the call to prayers to allah, i should know they woke me up for 2 weeks in eqypt, if my holiday was any longer i would have converted to islam so powerful was this morning brainwashing, one morning the wife caught me sleep walking to the mosque with my hands out front saying yes i will obey.

Other than that i think you will have a fabulous time, it looks like good snorkelling & there are special burka wet suits for hire, for the wife.

Whats wrong with Thailand?
    Singapore?
    Australia?
    China?
    South Africa?

If your going to visit africa, seems to me you need to pick somewhere where they have lions & a game reserve otherwise whats the point of going to africa, its like going to the uk & not going to Buckingham Palace.

But have a jolly good time & you wont need your brolly.
    P.S. be street smart at night & at day time, africa is going through very hard times, & crime against tourists is going through the roof.

11. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Well thanks Vincent that's a real pick me up.

Why not those other destinations is because it's work that first gets me to Tanzania for the short trip to Zanzibar.

12. superstring01 Moderator

Zanzibar is, indeed, a conservative Muslim part of Tanzania, however it doesn't enforce it's strictures that much to foreigners. Like in places like the UAE (also a conservative society), your wife is fine NOT wearing a burqa or hijab. She doesn't even need to cover her head. While off the "beaten path" for tourists (resorts or the beach) she should make sure she's not exposing any undue flesh (midriff, arms above the elbows, and legs above the knees) and she'll be fine. Zanzibar, though conservative, is also very attentive to its growing tourist industry and doesn't want to run off rich visitors like yourself.

Oh... and alcohol is most definately served on Zanzibar.

You'll be fine. Have fun.

~String

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  13. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Well if its work, now i understand, but try to get a lion safari work trip next time.
    I must admit i always enjoy reading your posts especially your battles with mr foley or folly, you always strike me as far more intelligent than him & funny to boot.

Superstring is right, muslim africa are usually less aggressive than the middle east regarding alcohol & for women showing a elbow or too, but as far as the gay issue is that should not concern you, unless your taking your pet with you, & he or she is gay, but i am not a expert on the laws on gay sex with in the animal world in islam, whether its allowed or not, just in case i know some good animal lawyers.

But the water looks crystal clean, & i know your from some nordic country from your posts, so your propbably fair skin & blond, so dont go snorkelling for 6 hours on the 1st day, or else everbody will be laughing at the 2 pink lobsters on the beach.

Anyway Sock puppet path, have a good safe time, you deserve it, your one of the few intelligent sane posters here, who does not have a axe to grind or is pushing propaganda down fellow posters throats. Oh and the mosqitoes, quinine tablets if you dont want malaria or one of those other mossie diseases, they really are a disgusting species, they always remind me of the alien creature from the alien movie, its mainly the way they pounce on you usually where you cant see them, mossie nets are best to sleep in, any outdoor shop should sell them, outside dont where shorts at night time, they are attracted to sweat, human breath & fruit drinks they feed on the fruit & also fat people as they sweat more, so dont sit near any fat people, or else your may get a rebound.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Mind the tortoises

Have a safe trip.

Try and get a dekko at the Stone Town

15. draqon Banned Banned

Sock Puppet Path...I dont know if you scuba dive...cause I do, so I really advise you to try scuba diving as well, its worth the money.

Scuba Libre is a scuba diving center located in Zanzibar...visit it, there is a guy there his name is Ahmed he will help you with scuba diving reservations.

16. Reiku Banned Banned

Oh.. i wish i had the tortoise

17. draqon Banned Banned

for dinner or as a pet? ...cause I am thinking both

18. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the replys we'll be modest in our dress I mean we don't usually go around in g-strings

Thanks for the sober recommendations string. Unfortunately I don't scuba draqon, maybe next year. Looking forward to stone town but SAM what is dekko? googled it to no avail. Thanks Vincent I enjoy your posts, you make me laugh too

I wish we had more time but I can't afford more away from work right now that is why I was looking for quick suggestions. The work is a cultural exchange program between Norway and the Netherlands in Europe and South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe and now Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania in Africa. Just saw the show tonight and it was fantastic.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  20. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

OK, then I will as we are staying in stone town