The Sad And Unusual Case of Mr. Jeffrey Zulu

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by GeoffP, Oct 20, 2007.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Dearest Sciforumumers,

It is with the greatest sadness that I received this email from a mercantile agent in South Africa. Please read it and see if you are not moved to tears.

What a tragic tale. I've checked out the airline link and it seems to be correct: a Mr. Morris Thompson, an did indeed die on Flight 261.

A most impressive individual. And how thoughful of his South Africa business partner, Mr. Zulu, to try to liberate Mr. Thompson's invested wealth from the employees of his business and his surviving relatives.

Impressed with the obvious legality and ethical morality of his proposal, I naturally wrote back:

That was the last I heard of him for some time. Then:

Well that's a relief.

Hmm. This sounds a little unethical.

Well that all makes sense then.

Assuredly.

Well.

Having little experience in such, ah, sensitive legal matters, I am entirely unsure how to proceed, and so I decided to post this interesting problem on SciForums to see if I could obtain some "expert help". After all, I wouldn't want to waste Mr. Zulu's time with trivial issues to the point that he was, say, pulling out his hair in frustration or something. At first glance, there are several ways in which one might waste Mr Zulu's time. I fully intend to explore several of them, but if other people have some suggestions as to how Mr Zulu's time might be wasted on trivialities, I would love to hear them. Just to avoid them, of course.

For example: Do I need documents or information from him? Am I curious about what in hell "Bio Data" means? Do I need to be sure he has it all? Does my nation impose strange and unusual conditions on such transfers? Do I want a higher percentage?

Or are there personal issues that haven't been fully explored? How many kids does he have? How many do I have? And what about my personality? Am I a confused American businessman? An Australian crocodile wrestler and dwarf thrower? A cowboy? Do I have some strange religious rites that must be observed for money transfer?

Anyway, I thought I'd post this to the forums and keep you all updated as to how it develops.

[On a side note: my sincerest condolences to Mr. Thompson's family; his quite impressive accomplishments certainly precede him.]

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I wouldn't be surprised if the CIA took that plane down.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You think? Maybe Thompson knew too much. After all, he was a major mover and shaker in both Alaska and South Africa.

Maybe I should suggest this to Mr Zulu. I'll bet he has some insights into it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I heard from my sources that Thompson was trying to get in on the Tin deals that the chinese have established in Zaire. Although these deals are not quite illegal in the sense that they conflict with American interests, the CIA has been monitoring the situation since Tin has become one of the most traded ores in the world. That's because it is needed for every stupid mobile phone and any other electronic gadget.

And Zaire is one of the few countries where you can still easily mine it, preferably with children, protected by child soldiers. Not that the USA cares much about that of course, it does care about the free market.

And mr Thompson was trying to open up the free market a little bit too much.

according to my sources.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And those are?

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Biodata is Indian for CV. i.e. biographical data

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Andy McNab and Nick Stone.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Not those guys again.

I'll compose a letter this evening - thanks for the links, James - and post it and its response on here later.

13. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

If you're feeling really generous, you should also consider joining the storm botnet. It's kinda like seti@home....... except for a much worthier cause.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You may wish to reconsider, considering the plight of Gilbert as written by his wife in the above link from JamesR:

"A personal message from Elizabeth Murray

I have received a great number of emails from fans of my husband’s work in the past few months, asking why Gilbert has not updated this website since March this year. I feel that I should explain the reason for the lack of updates.

Unfortunately Gilbert has been missing since March this year. He was last seen with his colleague Beaker in the local travel agent, where he booked a pair of return flights to Nigeria. Unfortunately since then there has been no word from Gilbert - which has been extremely distressing for me and little Gilbert Jnr - or from Beaker - which has been a blessed relief. Worryingly, his credit card and bank account have not been used since March, and even more worryingly, no Western Union or MoneyGram transfers have been made in his name since then."

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Actually, Q, I'm doing it to fuck with the guy's head. The object of the game is to see how far he can be pushed.

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It would appear that we may already know how far he can be pushed, much to the demise of Gilbert.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!