worst injury you have had

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ashpwner, Oct 18, 2007.

1. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

mine would be a few years back when i got a stone odged in my leg and it touched the bone.
    what's yours?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I fell down the stairs when I was 7 mths pregnant. My arm got caught in the railing and it snapped up by the shoulder.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

is that supposed to be snot?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

ouch...

8. va'a Registered Member

im pretty useless.. most memorable pain encountered.. smashing my shin trying to jump over a fence and falling on my face.. getting my jumper caught in the front wheel of my bike and going over the bars..

urr..

ive never broken a bone.. touch woooood..

i have broken a bone actually.. but it wasnt mine.. someone else's shin..

crashing my bicycle majorly hurt more than crashing my car.

9. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

I've been pretty lucky despite being very clumsy, my worst injury was when i was about 9 and the metal door strip ripped from my whole toe-nail from my big toe.

10. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

hmm i think atm orleander has had the worst one

11. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

Yeah, her's sounds brutal

12. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I crashed a bike down a hill when I was in 2nd grade and ended up falling on top of the bikes bent kickstand which broke my ankle and almost went through it it was nasty

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I was shot twice in the stomach.:bawl:

14. maxg Registered Senior Member

I've had it realtively easy. The worse was a compound fracture of the thumb where the bone was sticking up out of the skin. My drunken response, to wrap it in paper towels and go to sleep, was probably stupider than most.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I had a nasty fall off a bike when I was young. Lots of scrapes and bruises but thankfully no broken bones. Very painful, though.

And I was indirectly struck by lightning once. It hit a corrugated iron roof I was sheltering under. The roof disintegrated and a piece was blown onto my head. I needed 6 stitches in my head.

16. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I had a pretty tough motorcycle wreck when I was 12. Broke both ankles, both wrists, knocked one kneecap to the back of my leg and ripped off a lot of skin in various places. But my head and face were fine because I ducked and wrapped my arms around them. The official accident report said I "bumped, rolled, skidded and bounced for 213 feet."

17. Bells Staff Member

I was punched in the armpit while jumping up to spike a ball at the net during a "friendly" volleyball game when I was 15. I was punched so hard through the net, my arm left the shoulder socket completely. All I remember after that was coming to and screaming in agony as the paramedics lifted me onto the stretcher.

18. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Youch!
    I guess that's fairly serious!

Thankfully I've never had anything too serious.
    I've had 8 or so fractures all at different times.
    Thumb hurt the most followed by rib ( sneezing, laughing, coughing all hurt)
    smashed knee was the worst.. 7 years on, painful most days.
    Have had 30-50 serious sprains to each ankle including tearing ligaments from the bone.
    Herniated intervertebral disc was not much fun either
    Most painful experience, cricket ball( like a hockey ball)to the nads...uggghh!

Ahh! pain my auld acquaintance! today, two paralysis tick bites on right shoulder ( these nasty little fuckers killed my dog recently too!)

19. va'a Registered Member

whoa dude thats alot of sprains!

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Broke three toes on a bad front kick.

Then, next round in the tournament, sprained my wrist. Amazing. The latter wasn't too bad, but I didn't much fancy the "crunch" as I snapped the toes back into place. It sounds exactly like it does in the movies.

Got hit in the head once with a golf club. Bled pretty bad, four stitches. And once I hit myself full on in the shin with a four-pound sledge (so, not too big). I was alarmed but happy when the bone bent and then sprang back.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Some that I remember.

Dropped a heavy antique dresser seat on my toe, the nail came off nice and smooth, never grew back normal.

Had two spokes from a bike poke into my right foot, and a an uncovered starter from a Bajaj poke into my calf. Neither were too bad though.

Have fallen down stairs umpteen times (used to love hopping down two stairs at a time), have almost been dragged under a train, hit by a motor bike, but have bones of steel. Never broken a bone yet (not even the dresser seat on the toe)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  22. va'a Registered Member

ALMOST DRAGGED UNDER A TRAIN!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

uke:

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I overestimated my ability to catch it and was sort of hanging onto the bar at the door while the rest of me tried to avoid going under (no automatic doors).

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!