Money is God

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by draqon, Oct 17, 2007.

?

Money is God?

1. Worship the Luxury

42.9%
  2. Kneel before Poverty

57.1%
  1. draqon Banned Banned

We put our faith into dollar bill. We put our faith in God.
    money is God.

and this is all religion.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If that's the way YOU perceive to be then your right of course. Many would disagree with you because it is up to each of us to consider just what is money and how to use it wisely. That isn't faith, that's common sense. Most people put their "faith" in some type of diety not something man made.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Vote.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I cannot vote for your choices don't allow for what I think. Your questions are so one way that no matter how I were to vote, I'd be just reinforcing your point of view and not being able to voice my own .

8. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

A very silly poll. Because just as Cosmictraveler said, I cannot vote since you loaded the choices and none of them apply to me.

For me, money is a simple medium of exchange, something that I need in order to pay my bills and keep my family fed, clothed and protected from the weather. It has NO religious significance at all.

You need to expand your mind considerably and start taking reality seriously.

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

The middle path!

10. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Horrible logic... Faith -> God and Faith -> Money implies Money IS God?

No.

11. draqon Banned Banned

12. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

And that's not all - it isn't ANYONE'S logic - just some lines from a nonsensical rap.

13. va'a Registered Member

money.. is another world.. its a virtual world.. which is stupid. corporations and share markets blah blah are more important to governments than you.. modern society is built upon a foundation of dosh.

were all slaves to virtual entities!

kheeeee

14. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs ~ karl marx

Money is so corrupting, even though it is not necessary to human life.

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

True, it's not absolutely necessary - but try getting along in the modern world without it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Options for bartering and self-sufficiency are actually severely limited. Just try using it on a doctor, dentist or hospital.

16. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

That is not what I'm saying. Karl Marx's philosophies are the basis for the communist government. I agree with some of capitalisms' apects but mostly agree with a lot of Communism's aspects.

17. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

It's very interesting that neither Marx nor anyone else could ever make it work effectivly. Every time it's been tried there have always been food shortages and worse. I fail to see how anyone could be seriously interested in such a flawed system that has failed the population everytime it's been tried.

The most recent attemps were several hippy communes of the 1960s. Even with the best intentions, they all wound up miserable and finally went back home. The biggest problem? Too many of them didn't want to work for the good of everyone else. Too lazy.

18. va'a Registered Member

yeah a noble idea sadly attatched to a horrible history.

someone will work it out though.. like they say '....you can't eat money.'

19. VitalOne Banned Banned

Neither, why worship luxury or poverty, also money is just an exchange tool used for goods and services, thats all it really is, I don't understand why you would love that