Help!!!new Os Installed

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Markx, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markx Registered Senior Member

Ok, My machine crashed, got a new Maxtor HD, and downloaded new windows Me edition, that's all I could get my hands on. It is not recognizing my graphics card i got the drivers and try to download them and it doesn't do anything keep taking me unzip them and putting them in temp folder and when I go to device manager it doesn't even show my PCI voodoo 2 16mb card. I am wondering if any one can help me out here. Some magic trick?

Here are the specs,

Machine HP PII 450
    Ram 128mb
    Video Voodoo 2 16mb
    OS Windows Me

Original OS was Win98. Please help me out. I am willing to try anything to make it work. And NO! Dipping it in water won't fix it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please help. Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Try this:

1) Turn off computer, remove graphics card.
    2) Turn on computer, let it screw around for a minute, turn it off.
    3) Insert graphics card.
    4) Turn it on again.

Or jiggle the plugs.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Markx Registered Senior Member

[ok I am gona give that a shot.
    Thanks

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Markx Registered Senior Member

Still not recognizing the damn card. Drivers are there, un plug it then plug it back in. Still no response. Using stupid VGA graphics card drivers from windows. Helpppp.

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

take a g-card from your friend and see if it works. maybe you have fried wires or your ISO (supposed) slot is damaged. I think it to be a technical hardware problem, because I had smth like tht with my sound card

9. Mortox Registered Member

dude voodoo is way obsolete get a geforce card

well try this...go to add hardware in control panel and remember where u put ur driver files... go to select driver from list, search for ur driver in the windows list and if u cant find ur driver there go to browse and go to where u put ur driver files then select the folder and if it turns out blank with no driver showing....get a newer video card... hope this helps

10. Markx Registered Senior Member

Thank you Mortox, But I think ME version sucks. I changed it to windows 2000 . Now every thing is working great. All I need is a damn modem now. Thunderstorm just blew my modem. Thank you thou.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.